Chapter 15 - You're My Idiot

Michael felt so bad from Rich and the situation he was in. He truly wished there was a way he could keep Rich with him forever. He knew his moms wouldn't mind but if Rich's dad realized that Rich was gone, his moms could get charged for kidnapping and Michael definitely did not want his sweet moms going to jail. They don't deserve that. Michael then thought of reporting his dad to the authorities. No, that would just make things worse. The only way he would be able to get Rich away for long periods at a time is for Rich to have "sleepovers" at other people's places but actually it would just be Michael's place. Of course Rich could stay at the other's places but if him and Michael actually became a thing he would obviously want Rich over as much as he could. 

       The night ended and Jeremy and Christine were getting ready to leave. "I had an awesome time Michael, we definitely need to do this again soon." Christine said. "Yes totally! This was great, thank you for coming." Michael said. Jeremy and Christine walked out of the house. Christine waved through the doorway the entire time it was closing. "If you don't mind, I need to sleep earlier tonight. This was the most activity I've done in a while and I need the extra sleep. Night Michael." Rich said as he walked to Michael's room. "Goodnight!" Michael replied.

        "Wow, I just keep getting lucky." Michael whispered to himself. He then pulled out his phone to ask Jeremy how the night went through his eyes.

MICHAEL: Jer, did you see anything?

JEREMY: Oh yeah. He was definitely staring at you and you were staring at him.

MICHAEL: Was I? Shit.

JEREMY: He was just smiling at your existence, I could tell it wasn't anything sexual.

MICHAEL: How was I smiling at him?

JEREMY: Cute eyes.

MICHAEL: Hell I have a problem.

JEREMY: Hey, I have a question.

MICHAEL: Yeah?

JEREMY: Does Rich know?

MICHAEL: Know what?

JEREMY: About 8th grade.

MICHAEL: Not that I know of. The only people that know are you and I and kinda Christine as far as I know.

JEREMY: And I haven't told anyone.

MICHAEL: Why do you ask?

JEREMY: I just thought he made a pun about us at the beginning of the night.

MICHAEL: Really Heere?

JEREMY: God I'm an idiot.

MICHAEL: No.

JEREMY: No?

MICHAEL: No, you're my idiot.

       Michael had no idea what he was doing. He didn't want to admit anything to Rich but he felt like he had to. He knows that Rich feels the same why but he still felt like he couldn't say anything. "Maybe we'll talk about it tomorrow night or something. Wait, you know what would be picture perfect and very cheesy? If Rich and I go to the park with a blanket at sunset and we'll watch the stars show up. Yeah, them I can tell him. Or maybe that'll go badly. I don't know." Michael fell face first onto the couch in frustration. He hadn't really been in relationship since 8th grade. He had no clue how to keep one let alone start one. Yet, if he said anything, it would only make Rich happier. Rich kinda needs the relationship anyway, and so does Michael. "Well, that problem is for future Michael to worry about." MICHAEL YOU GUYS ARE LITERALLY SOULMATES YOU DUMBASS. 

       Was Rich going to be able to sleep? Not at all. He really tried but his thoughts of Michael wouldn't calm down. He was hoping Michael would say something soon because Rich was too scared to say anything. He still wasn't sure of Michael's sexuality but he saw something different today. Michael zoned out staring at him. Michael hadn't done that before, or at least Rich had never seen him do that. He found it flattering and it basically confirmed that Michael isn't the straightest of the crop. Will tomorrow be the day?