TWENTY THREE

[ 4/5 ]
TWENTY THIRD CHAPTER
2018

"the pain, it will leave once it has finished teaching you

"the pain, it will leave once it has finished teaching you."

//

the next morning, the first thing Sahar thinks about is Jungkook's devoting, soft and bronze gaze.

she forces herself to get out of bed. the eye contact they shared last night, throughout the distant interactions had caused her to feel bizarre. her insides have been squirming.

Sahar stumbles into the kitchen of her and Taehyung's apartment. he catches her gaze as she gathers her balance, hair sticking up from sleeping, eyes half open and she waves.

"good morning." Sahar says, stepping into the kitchen where he stands. Taehyung is leaning against the marble counter- on his folded arms, vivid, sapphire hair combed neatly, watching eyes wakeful as he kindly greets her.

"you don't have a hangover?" Sahar seeks, seeing how cheerful he looks.

usually, he'd be sleeping with his pillow over his head- screaming at her to get medicine and a glass of water. then he'd beg her to watch funny videos of animals with her.

"what? did something happen last night?"

"oh honey." Sahar places her palm against her forehead. you were so drunk. "you had one guy after you and you were flirting with another ... yet you wanted to be with the singer."

"three men?" Taehyung chokes. "what's wrong with me?"

"i feel you." Sahar points to him, a look of understanding flashing across her face. she pats her heart and pulls a funny expression. "they were beautiful." all three men truly are.

"i'm beautiful."

"now you sound like Jin."

"ah you met him then?" Taehyung grins.

that's when the hangover hits. "ah fuck." Taehyung groans, smile wiping off his face as he falls to the floor. it's dramatic and yes, he would make a fantastic actor. "i have a headache now, why did you mention my hangover?" he clutches his head sadly.

"stop being dramatic." Sahar wraps her hand around his arm, helping him up. "where did you go at eight am in the morning?"

"bakery goods." Taehyung states like it's the most obvious answer in the world. his headache is now apparently gone. "croissants, cake, bread-"