FOUR

[ 1/5 ]
FOURTH CHAPTER
2010

"her heart was wild, but i didn't want to catch it, i wanted to run with it, to set mine free

"her heart was wild, but i didn't want to catch it, i wanted to run with it, to set mine free."

//

Sahar spots Jimin in the school corridors and approaches him with a widespread smile and a very loud greeting.

"hey Jimin!" Sahar hollers and joins the cute looking boy by his side. "where are you off to?" she asks, attempting to get to know him but also irritate him. it's not like she doesn't like him, she would .. if he kept his distance that's all.

"lunch with Tae." Jimin replies, not bothered by Sahar's presence.

"oh really? me too." Sahar claims as they walk through the busy school. it's lunch time so it's deafening and noisy. everyone looks forward to the one hour they are given everyday and some spend time with their friends socialising, messing about or sleeping. Sahar spends this cherished time with her best friend and food.

Jimin keeps a blank expression on his face. "oh cool." he nods.

an awkward silence forms and Sahar wants to face palm herself. why did she think it was a good idea to try and talk to this guy? he could talk to Jungkook but not her? what is it about her?

Sahar thinks about her petty exasperation, feeling bad for letting it get in the way of her and Jimin knowing each other. but all she can remember is how Taehyung ignores her whenever Jimin is around so she blurts out something she knows she'll regret later in the day. "you know i'm his best friend right?" she declares confidently.

Jimin nods and pushes his hair back to reveal his forehead. he keeps his hands tucked into his trouser pockets neatly- the uniform really emphasises what a nice body he has. he looks smarter than the other students.

Sahar wants to hit herself again. "i just wanted you to know that." she adds. how on earth is he so quiet?

Jimin seems bored. "cool."

Sahar grumbles. she shouldn't have approached him if he was going to be so unfeeling and laid back. there's a sense of tension between them that is unfortunately, going to stay. even standing in the lunch queue together, they avoid eye contact and both look for Taehyung due to the crudeness that is present.

Taehyung arrives with luminous eyes and a leap in his step. he's amazing. he hurries towards them with his carmine backpack, greeting them with a friendly, boxy smile. "hi Sahar, hi Jimin!"