Chapter Seven

I jumped up, and grabbed a backpack from my closet. Stuffing my phone, some homework, and a change of clothes in my bag, I opened the windowsill. 

This was going to suck. I jumped, landing in bushes with a loud thump. I rolled out of the bushes, my arm throbbing with pain. My knee and elbow felt wet. I was bleeding. Making sure none of it fell on the ground, so my path couldn't be traced, I ran out the gate, down the stairs, and onto the street. I didn't bother to stop. I just ran, until I got to a bus stop. I sat down on the hard bench and texted Bella. 

meet me @ the bus stop by my house. bring ur phone, some hw, and a change of clothes. will explain later.

Twenty minutes after I sent that text, I saw a blond haired figure racing toward me. It was Bella. 

"Honor!" she said. "What's wrong?"

"Did you tell your parents where you're going?"

"I said I was spending the night with you."

"I told my dad the same thing. Texted him before I left the house."

"Will they figure out what's going on when they find out we're not at any of their houses?"

"How could they? Jacob can't tell them, without mentioning his switchblade. They might just think we went out for Subway."

"Fair enough."

The bus stopped in front of us. Bella and I ran onto the bus. I grabbed a wad of cash out of my pocket and handed the driver a bill. Not checking to see what it was, I grabbed Bella's wrist and we ran to the back of the empty bus. The bill must have been a lot, though, because the driver looked at me with wide eyes, but said nothing. I told him where we wanted to go, and seconds later the bus started moving, the opposite direction of which I came, and a different direction in which Bella came from.

While the bus moved, Bella and I talked. No one got on the bus, and the driver wouldn't care, but we still whispered. 

"Will Johnny be there?" Bella asked.

"Yes," I said, sure of it. I trusted Johnny.

When the bus stopped, the driver turned and said, "Your stop!" Bella and I thanked the driver and raced down the street, past the bloodstained park and fountain, and stopped at Johnny's house. I ran up the stairs and knocked on the door. 

Johnny answered. 

"Honor! Bella!" He said. "Are you guys ok?" 

"Jacob came home. No time. Can you take us to Ponyboy's?"

"Sure." We all ducked as a large teal vase came flying out of the door, thrown from somewhere behind Johnny. There was a man and a woman yelling. Pots and pans and other objects flew out the windows. Crashes were heard throughout the house. Johnny stepped outside with us and closed the screen door just as a china cup smashed into it. The top of the screen door, where th ecup hit, held it;'s ground, and the cup shattered to the floor, spraying glass everywhere, some shards flying out the kicked in screen door. One hit Bella's leg, and she fell. Johnny and I hauled her up. 

"What happened to you two?" Johnny asked worriedly, looking at our injuries. My leg and arm throbbed. 

"Jumped out a window," I said. 

"Me too," Bella said. 

Johnny grimaced as he looked us over. "We have to hurry," he said, and together the three of us ran to Ponyboy's house.