Chapter Two

I looked out of my bedroom window, watching the sunset. I was thinking about Johnny, and if I would really get to see him tomorrow. 

My phone buzzed. It was from Bella.

yasss hi

I answered back, and slipped my phone back into my backpack. The sun dipped below the horizon, and the stars started coming back.

I could see Orion from here. I closed my shutters and went to bed.

The next morning I woke up, with the sun barely up. Since it was October, it was colder, and windier, and definitely nicer. I brushed my teeth and got ready for school, heading down to the table for breakfast. When I got there, I noticed my brother, Jacob. He was standing at the kitchen counter, heating a waffle from our brand new waffle iron. The smell wafed throughout the dining room, making me want to gag. I grabbed a blueberry muffin and went to join my dad at the car.

About 30 minutes later, we arrived at school. I ran out of the car, eating my muffin as I ran. 

"Bella!" I called. She turned around and saw me. "Hey Honor!" She stepped out of the throng of students racing to the school's front doors and joined me. We talked about normal stuff for a while, and joined our other friends in the cafeteria, where most kids in the school were waiting for the hallways to open. Teachers blocked them until 9:00 ish. I waited with my other friends while Isabella, aka Bella, which everyone called her, walked off to join hers. I put in my earbuds and turned on my favorite soundtrack. On the third song, the crowd around me started moving forward.

"Put your phones away!" a teacher called. I took out my earbuds, paused the song, and turned off my song. I stashed my phone in my bag, and went to my advisory- also called homeroom.

Three periods and an advisory class later, I headed down to lunch. Then recess. I was, really, just waiting for school to end so I could see Johnny.

Shoot. I realized that he might come later, when I'm already gone. At the time I was at school yesterday. I crossed my fingers that he would be here at regular dismissal time, and returned to my math homework.

Finally it was the end of the day. I walked out with Bella, and we walked up the stairs to the side of the school.

Johnny was there. But he wasn't alone.