Chapter 6: Enjoying life

You finish your lunch with Nina. "All right, thanks for the meal Mrs Burrows. I'm gonna head home." You say.
"You're welcome, hun. Anytime. And you can call me Cheryl." She replies.
"It's all right, I'll drive you." Nina stops you. You wait a few minutes, then you leave through the front door and get into Nina's car. She drives you home. "Thanks for the ride." You kiss her on the cheek as you get out of the car.

You go to college every day until the holidays. Although you're no longer a student, you still choose to hang with your friends.

—————————<WINTER>—————————

November is almost over and it's nearly Christmas time. Like every year, you're excited. Even at 21, you're still as excited as a child. It's not really the presents, it's the vibe. You look to your side to see the snow. You're on your way to college. You smile.

When you look at everyone's house decorated in Christmas ornaments

When you look at everyone's house decorated in Christmas ornaments. Lights everywhere you go. It warms your heart to see that everyone is prepping for the big day. When you arrive to college, you see it's decorated as well.
Everywhere you walk it's littered with Christmas lights. "Hey, Nina!" You call out to her. "Oh, hi Jackson." She replies. She sounds a little down. "You okay?" You ask her.
"Just a little worried about Christmas. Don't know what I want." She says.
"That happens to a lot of people. I guess you could ask for anything. Always better than nothing." You say. You're sort of on the same boat as her. You never decide what you want until last minute. You have loads of money in the bank. As you've spent next to nothing out of your army wages. So, you know your family will have a good Christmas this year.

"Where's Ivy and Ethan? You seen them?" Nina asks. "Nope. I'll call em." You pick up your phone and call Ivy. No answer. Then you call Ethan. No answer. "Nothing. Maybe they're in class." You suggest. Just as you're about to put your phone down, you get a text:

Ivy
'Can't talk right now. Call me in an hour.'

————————<IVY POV>————————

"Ivy, what are you doing?" Ivy's art teacher asks. "Uhh, checking the time?" You say. The teacher approaches you, gives you a 'I call bullshit' look and turns away. You get on with your work as the teacher walks away. Once you finish your painting, you put the canvas on the wall to dry. The rest of the class leaves. As you are about to leave the classroom, you are stopped by your teacher. "Umm, Ivy?" The teacher calls. "Shit." You whisper. You walk back to the teacher's desk. "Can you tell me what you were doing earlier? On your phone? Because you were on it much longer than what it would take to check the time. This is an exam, and it's important that you do not use devices during an exam." The teacher rambles.
"Uhhh.." You mumble.
"Tell me the truth and we will forget this conversation." The teacher says.
"Okay, I was texting a friend back because he tried to call me." You say.
"Right. Well I will need to see the text so I know you're telling the truth. It's not my rules so I'm not the dick. The head of the college is." The teacher says humorously. You hand the teacher the phone to look at the texts, only to give it back. "Okay, like I said. This conversation never happened!" The teacher says. "Okay, thanks!" You call out. You go and find Nina in the library to find she was sat with Jackson. "Hey." You greet them both.