Chapter 1

December 2018

Melody's POV

I pressed the "Record" button on the camera and watched the four people in front of me, giving them a signal to start
talking.

    The Sister Squad was filming a collab video for Christmas and I was helping to film for them. Normally, I would be focused on filming a video for my own channel, but Riley and I pre-filmed and edited a couple videos to post because she was currently shooting a movie.

    I missed her so much, but we were used to spending time apart, given our careers. It's still so weird to me to be separated from her. She is my identical twin sister, after all.

    Things had been tense in the squad lately, but I knew that the friendship had been really important to my older brothers. The videos were also really special to lots of fans, and I knew that none of them wanted to let the fans down.

    I was scrolling through Instagram as watched them struggle and bicker. I liked a couple of fan edits and followed a couple supporters. I loved making my fans so happy. I truly loved them so much.

    I was texting Riley as I listened to them discuss the decorating of the house.

    I heard Grayson say, "And then my stick can go into the box." James then replied by saying, "I love your stick in the box," smiling at the camera.

    I could hear Emma's noises of protests and looked in shock to see Ethan looking quite pissed off and Grayson running his hands through his hair, playing it off as a joke. I could tell he actually hated it though.

    I knew that wouldn't go over with the twins later. The jokes about James and the twins, mostly Grayson, were okay- but I thought that one was a little far.

    A couple minutes later, I saw Emma leaning her head on Ethan's arm. I could see a tea video coming out about it. The fans didn't know it for sure, but Emma and Ethan were, in fact, dating. It's adorable, really.

    I knew it was hard for them to not show physical affection on camera, especially when so many people speculated that they were a couple.

    I also knew, however, that they didn't want a public relationship and I respected that.

    I sighed and looked back down at my phone. Riley was sending me snapchats of her on set.

    Riley is such an amazing actress and I am so proud of her hard work and determination. E and Gray are also such great brothers, making sure we get to fulfill our own dreams while also helping keep us organized and grounded.

    Riley acted, and I danced. Dancing is my passion. You can express every emotion through dance, and it's absolutely beautiful in every way. I'm so lucky that I get to explore so many opportunities through dance. I would never stop working hard at it.

    Soon enough, after many sexual comments by James and plenty of tension, the video was over. I leaned over to turn off one of the cameras, as my brothers' camera man, Kyle, was also filming.

    As soon as all the cameras were off, Ethan and Emma immediately began making out. Grayson let out a groan and James a scream, "Yes, kitty girls!"

    I laughed and began to help them all clean up, moving around the couple and James to stand by Grayson.

    "Hey, Gray," I smiled up and him and he leaned down to kiss me on the head. The twins were 5'11" and Riley and I were only about 5'2".

    His smile seemed fake though. I knew he was pissed off at something. Probably James. I sighed and began wiping powdered sugar off the counter. This was going to be fun to deal with.