The Daughter of Dionysus

Grace 's P.O.V.

I sat on a bench of my school and threw the book I'd been attempting to read for the past twenty minutes to the ground. Stupid dyslexia. I had a test and I couldn't even study. Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I trudged to class. Some dude whistled at me. I sent a glare in that direction and the whistling stopped. Silently making my way among the masses of students, I tried not to run for my class. My back went cold, my palms got sweaty, every muscle in my body tensed. Someone is watching me, I can feel it. I looked over my shoulder, but no one was there except for my English teacher, Ms. Montague.
Once I was in my seat, I heard someone call my name. "Grace! Hey, Grace!" I looked over to see my friend Nadia making her way to my desk. I smiled. She jumped slightly when a guy made a grab for her waist, but quickly turned and slapped his hand away, cussing him out while at it. Again, I smiled. Jeremie was with her. I smiled at that too. How did we become friends again? There were no three people more different than my two friends and I. Nadia was a sassy, dramatic, fun girl. Jeremie was a fun loving, carefree, happy-go-lucky type of chic. Me, meh, I was dull, easily irritated, dark, and slightly annoying.
Nadia stood before me in her usual combat boots, jeans, sweater, and messy braid. Her dark brown hair was enviable, but the real attention callers were her deep violet eyes. Yep, violet, not bluish, violet. She cocked a hip, "Can you come to my house this afternoon? My mom and I are hosting a party, care to join?" The thing with Nadia's mom was that she loved hosting parties. Nadia was pretty well know because of them. I groaned, "I have nothing to wear," Great excuse.
"I'll lend you something,"
"Is Jeremie going?"
"Duh,"
"Fine,"
"Awesome!" she grinned before walking to her seat. Yeah teachers know not to put us three together. Class started and Ms. Montague began to hand out the tests.
After the bell rang, Nadia and I were packing our things when Ms. Montague said, "Ladies, a word please," A little on edge, we approached her desk. She sighed, "You are both great girls..." But we have detention for..? "...but I cannot spare you," She transformed into a monster, a weird hybrid between a leathery bat and a woman. I stumbled back. Beside me, Nadia's eyes were wide and her face was pale.
Don't ask me when or how it happened, I'm not sure myself. One moment Nadia and I were being attacked by a crazy bat lady, and the next I was thrown into the back of a chariot with a furious Nadia, a worried Jeremie, and a good looking white boy that muttered gibberish under his breath to make a pair of horses (that seemed to be made of storm clouds) take off. I grabbed on to Nadia and hissed, "If this is one of your pranks, I will murder you,"
"Yeah, 'cause I would totally pull this off," she scoffed.
Twenty minutes of absolute silence passed before the cute white boy turned around and said, "Hey, sorry about that, my name's Jason. Um, we'll be at Camp Half-Blood in like ten minutes. Thanks for choosing Sparky Airlines, yada yada yada. What are your names?"
Jeremie spoke for us, "Jason, these are Nadia Mountrose and Grace Daniels," she pointed at each of us in turn.
Raising an eyebrow, Nadia asked, "Aren't you from those books? What's the guy's name... Peter Johnson?"
Jason laughed, "Percy Jackson? Yes. I'm Jason Grace, son of Jupiter. Are you a daughter of Dionysus or something? Only Mr. D confuses our names that bad,"
"I was close,"
"Any way, you two are demigods, half ancient Greek deity, half regular mortal. The gods of Olympus are real and are still active in the world around us. One of your parents was a mortal, the other one of the gods. I'm taking you to camp to train in a safe environment for you, as to avoid... dying. You can choose the Greek or Roman camp, no biggie, we move around quite a bit. Anyway, Jeremie am I missing anything?" Jeremie shook her head, "Only our landing spot," He cursed in what sounded like Latin, somehow though, I got it.
Jason landed on a hill with a pine tree on the top. A girl with chocolate brown hair came running up the hill. She hugged Jason and kissed him. His girlfriend. He turned to us and smiled, "Guys, this is Piper,"
A blond girl with unsettling grey eyes came after her, followed by a handsome guy with dark hair and sea green eyes. Raising an eyebrow Nadia asked, "Tell me again, why am I here? Oh, and if it's not too much to ask for, who the heck are you?" She was surprisingly composed.
The guy with the green eyes grinned at the blond, "I already like her!"
Dramatic, as per usual, Nadia bowed, "Thank you, but seriously, who are you people?"
The brown haired girl waved, "Hey, I'm Piper,"
"I'm Annabeth," said the girl with the unsettling grey eyes.
The dark haired boy grinned, "And I'm Percy,"
"Also know as my boyfriend," Annabeth said giving Nadia a pointed stare.
"Props to you," Nadia shrugged, "He's good looking, but he's not my type. I can't be the less sassy one in a relationship,"
"How do you know I have sass?" he wondered.
"I know sass when I see sass," Nadia said flatly.
"Ok, I officially want you as my sister," he laughed.
They fist bumped. Percy was actually pretty cool. I found myself smiling beside Jeremie at our friend's lack of apprehensions.

                                             Nadia's P.O.V.
Piper took me to her cabin to change into something a little warmer. It is pretty cold. She pulled out some clothes from a trunk and laid them on her bed. "Here," she said, "Try these on," I pulled off my sweater and tried on the snow boarding jacket.
It fit me like a glove, "Fits perfectly!"
She nodded her approval, "Is Grace the same size?"
"Roughly,"
"Ok, then..." she dug deeper into her trunk, producing a dark coloured jacket, "This should work,"
We stepped out into the cold. A man with curly dark hair and a pot belly walked up to us. He stopped dead in his track and pointed at me. What did I do?!  "Mine!" he yelled, "That's my daughter!" he continued, "Hurt her, and you will spend the rest of your days as a dolphin!" He walked away without another word. Piper turned to me, "Nadia, you're a daughter of Dionysus..."