A Place To Call Home - Chapter IV

1st Person Point Of View

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Wistal, the capital city of the Clarines Kingdom. Our brand new sanctuary.

If given the choice to live according to one's own accord. I'm most certain no one would desire the contrary. We are no exception, and if it weren't for a certain prince's help.

We wouldn't be here right now, in the country we chose, in the city we chose, in the road we chose.

And in our new home.

The last page of the past was turned

The last page of the past was turned. A bright road was present in front of us. Like an empty page waiting to be filled. Only this time, with memories resulted from my own choices.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The sizzling of bacons and eggs reached my ears, soon as I breathed in their intoxicating smell

I could hear the faint sound of my stomach rumbling. I was stuck with the most boring job this morning.

Even though I'm not a horrible cook, Shirayuki is still better than me. So being the kind hearted friend that she is, she made me settle with arranging the salads.

"A few herbs for the final touch.... there.", Shirayuki said outloud, a hint of cheerfulness in her voice.

After everything we went through, it was nice seeing her go back to her normal self.

We were both immersed in our chores, so the sudden knocks on our door caused us to jolt a bit.

"Yes, please come in!", my red headed friend shouted.

"Y/n, Shirayuki good morning! Here I brought it over freshly baked.", She held up the plate in her hands, on it was the mentioned bread, its delicious smell quickly filled up our room.

"Ah! that looks great, thank you" I responded

"We have something for you too.", Shirayuki sauntered over while holding up the tray of food that we made just made.