Chapter 7: Gentleman

Two weeks later...

Ji Hoo had finished his duty hours at the hospital, and was picking up his bag to leave. Suddenly his office door was burst open and several of his colleagues rushed in.

"Dr. Yoon, do not even think about leaving tonight without taking us for drinks," exclaimed Dr. Park.

Ji Hoo just smiled in response and nodded his head in amusement. He had been promoted as the Chief Resident doctor because of his outstanding performance, despite his young age.

"Where would you like to go?"

"Somewhere fancy. We won't let you be stingy tonight," chimed in Dr. Oh.

"Ok, let's go. I will take you all for drinks and dinner."

"Hurray!"

.......................................

Ha Jin kept her gaze on the a la carte menu, as So Bin ordered food for both of them. It was nothing new, she was accustomed to foods being ordered on her behalf in a restaurant, either by her parents or So Bin. And tonight, food was the last thing that came to her mind.

"And that's it for the dessert. We will let you know if we need anything more," So Bin told the waitress who thanked him and left.

"So, Ha Jin, what were we talking about?" asked So Bin as he turned to her with one brow raised.

Ha Jin looked up from the menu straight at So Bin.

"You were talking about your business trip to the US next week and how long it is going to be," she replied in a monotone.

"A-ah, yes. But that was the story I told your parents. But you being my fiancée deserve to know more of the truth, don't you?" sneered So Bin.

Ha Jin kept her gaze on his face unfaltered. His scornful expression just brought back the events that happened at her home a couple of hours back.

Ha Jin's parents were very happy to see their would-be son-in-law at their home on his birthday. They were gushing over him with pleasantries and greetings when he revealed to them that due to an 'unavoidable circumstance' at his company, he was being sent off to the US for 3-4 months. Which meant that their wedding scheduled in another 3 weeks had to be postponed as well. Ha Jin's parents were shocked at this last-minute information. All wedding invitations had been sent out and arrangements made. Nevertheless, they felt proud of So Bin who was supposedly chosen for the glorious task of 'saving' his company from the 'impending doom'. And without any further questions, they agreed to make all the necessary changes at their own cost.

Ha Jin pulled her parents aside to make them see through the situation. How could they yield to his last-minute change of plan? Wasn't it his family who should bear the brunt of all the ramifications? Her parents shushed her by telling how her whole family was indebted to So Bin's parents for their 'unconditional support' during their crisis. It was only natural to agree with him. Then they pushed her to take So Bin to a fancy restaurant for his birthday dinner.

"What is it, So Bin?"

"My manager gave me an option to go for this assignment after our wedding. But I insisted on going next week," replied So Bin haughtily.

When Ha Jin did not ask him why, he kept on continuing his rant.

"If you had not gone for that secret tryst of yours with the F4 without asking me, this would not have happened at all. You will pay for your 3 nights of shameless revelry by waiting for another 3 months before our wedding. Do you get that?" spat So Bin between gritted teeth.