Chapter 9: Because I am stupid...

By the end of the evening, it was time to go back home. Everyone gathered around Jun Pyo and Jan Di once again and congratulated them again.

"Ha Jin, did you bring your car?" asked Ga Eul.

"No, it is in the garage. I came in a taxi. I will call one now..." replied Ha Jin when Ji Hoo interrupted her.

"I will drop you. No need to call a taxi."

"But Sunbae, you came in your motorbike today. Woo Bin or Yi Jung Sunbae can drop her along with Ga Eul and Jae Kyung," suggested Jan Di.

"We will go in the same direction. Woo Bin and Yi Jung do not need to go around half the city to drop them all at this hour of the night," spoke Ji Hoo, then turned to Ha Jin. "And I suppose you are comfortable with riding on a bike, aren't you?"

Ha Jin just nodded her head and waited for Ji Hoo to bring his motorbike. He handed her a helmet and waited for her to climb on the back seat. Ji Hoo started his engine while Ha Jin tried to look for something on the bike to hold on. She managed to hold the back of her seat, when Ji Hoo pulled out and, in a few seconds, picked up speed. Inertia made Ha Jin's body fall back, and instinctively she grasped Ji Hoo's jacket around his waist.

"I...I am sorry," blurted Ha Jin and tried to pull her hand back.

"It's ok. Hold on tight," muttered Ji Hoo through his helmet, and pulled back her hand on his waist.

That made Ha Jin realize how close her body was pressed on his back, and there was no room for her to move backwards. Maybe he could even feel her breath on his back. She froze in her position so that he would not be able to feel her tension because of their proximity.

They were only about 20 minutes on the road when it started raining with a heavy downpour. It was already quite chilly as a night in October, and the raindrops hit them as ice needles. In a matter of minutes, Ha Jin was almost drenched at her back. Ji Hoo quickly turned the bike to a side street and drove along a way towards a very distinguished neighbourhood of the city.

"Where are you going? This is not the way to my place," asked Ha Jin through chattering teeth.

"It will take another 20 minutes or so to reach your home in this rain. You will be completely soaked in this cold. My house is just here. You can wait and get dried until the rain stops," suggested Ji Hoo and pulled over the bike in front of a quaint yet elegant looking house. Ha Jin got down and waited for Ji Hoo to open the door. Her trench coat was all soaked at the sides and the back, and her hair which stayed out of the helmet was also dripping. Ji Hoo hurriedly brought her dry towel and showed her the way to the bathroom.

Entering the bathroom, Ha Jin took off her coat and found her blouse and sweater wet as well. She looked around for a hair drier, and finding one she blew it over her clothes. Even after several minutes of blowing warm air, her clothes did not dry enough. She huffed and put on her half-dried blouse and sweater, and came out to the living area.

Ji Hoo had already changed into dry clothes by then and was waiting for her with a beautiful porcelain tea set placed on the coffee table.

"Have some tea, Ha Jin. Please have a seat," he spoke and patted on the couch beside him.

Ha Jin looked at him hesitantly. She did not want to spoil the immaculate upholstery of the couch with her wet clothes.

"No, it's ok. Thank you so much for the ride. I don't want to bother you anymore. I will just call a taxi now and go home," she replied and bit her lips.

The hint of a warm smile on Ji Hoo's face was replaced with a strange expression that she could not fathom.

Ha Jin turned back and picked up her bag that she had placed on a settee close to the entrance of the living room. She took out her phone from the bag and was about to call the taxi service, when she felt a sudden pull in her arm and was swerved into a tight embrace.