Chapter 8: Imademo

Yi Jung drove his car along a main street and turned to a narrow lane that led to the address Woo Bin had texted him. The text said that Woo Bin was stuck in some urgent matter, and another 'urgent' matter needed to be taken care of. Thus, he asked Yi Jung to reach this address immediately. And he would let him know later what it was all about.

"This all sounds so dodgy. What 'urgent' matter does this Woo Bin have here at a primary school?" muttered Yi Jung as he parked his car in front of the small, brightly coloured building.

He entered the building cautiously and looked around. Although he could hear cheerful voices of kids, but there was no one in the corridor to ask around. He saw a glass door at the end of the corridor, and walking up there he peeped in. There were numerous kids with clay doughs in front of them, trying to make, or deform in most cases, several figurines. Yi Jung found it very amusing, and nostalgic at the same time. It reminded him of his childhood days with his brother when they learnt the basics of pottery together. Unconsciously, he stepped in the classroom and started walking around the kids and their creations.

Suddenly, a small boy, around four years, tugged at his jacket. Yi Jung was surprised and leaned down as the boy pulled his arm.

"Are you the Prince Charming Miss Chu told us about?" whispered the boy in a not-so-low voice.

"Prince Charming?" asked Yi Jung with amusement.

"Yes, the prince who saves the beautiful Sleeping Beauty from the naughty witch and marries her?"

Yi Jung was very amused to be identified as a fairy tale character by this little munchkin. He laughed out heartily and ruffled the kid's hair.

"Yes, I am the Prince Charming, but do you know where is my Sleeping Beauty?"

"Oh, she is here, our Miss Chu. There she is coming," exclaimed the boy and started jumping in joy as Ga Eul entered the class.

"Tae Min, who are you talking..." Ga Eul froze in the middle of her sentence on seeing Yi Jung.

"Miss, Miss! See, your Prince Charming is here!" shouted Tae Min, and all the other kids joined him in jumping around the two grown-ups in their classroom.

Yi Jung was shocked beyond belief. He had never imagined that Woo Bin would trick him in this way.

Damn you, Woo Bin! I will break your neck the moment I see you.

Ga Eul's face reddened with shock and embarrassment. He was the last person she thought Jan Di would send for her. And on top of it, all her pupils were rejoicing, assuming the same man as her 'Prince Charming'. Never had she imagined that a seemingly insignificant conversation about fairy tales and Prince Charming with her barely 3 feet tall pupils would backfire at such an inopportune moment.

"I-I did not know. Woo Bin is stuck in some business and asked me to come here. I am sorry, I will leave now," muttered Yi Jung and turned towards the door.

Ga Eul was stupefied by the whole situation and only when she saw him walking out of the door, she called out his name.

"Yi Jung, wait."

He halted at his stride and slowly turned to her.

"In another 15 minutes, these children will leave with their parents. I will have to wait till all of them are picked up. If you want you can wait here," murmured Ga Eul.

Yi Jung nodded and walked back in the class.

"Kids, please get back to your places. You need to finish your figurines fast. This uncle here will help you. He is a very good potter, did you know that?" she announced, trying to get back some cheerfulness in her voice.