Chapter 3

I hear the doors of the TARDIS snap shut behind me, the loud bang echoing through the large cavernous space we are in. I spin round, and push on the doors, rattling the handle. "Doctor!" I shout "why did you close the doors?!" I rattle them again.

"I didn't." I can hear him starting to panic a little bit. This is not good.

"Well open them again!" I am now throwing my entire bodyweight against the doors (even though it's not very much) but they won't budge and I can already feel my arm bruising from the force.

"I can't"

"What do you mean you can't?!" I make no effort to hold back the tears which are forming. If we can't get back into the TARDIS then we are most certainly going to die here.

"SIEZE THE TARDIS" I hear a dalek voice shriek from across the room. Moments later I feel the blue box being pulled away from me.

"No!" I scream "you can't!"

"Where are you taking it?" The doctor demands.

"IT WILL BE TAKEN INTO STORAGE"

"Storage? Why? What for?" The doctor asks.

"THE TARDIS IS THE DOCTORS GREATEST WEAPON! WITHOUT IT THE DOCTOR AND HIS COMPANION ARE DEFENCELESS! THEY CANNOT ESCAPE!" The dalek replies. "CAPTURE THEM! LOCK THEM UP IN THE PRISON CELLS!" The dalek screeched his orders to the daleks surrounding him.

"Doctor, got a plan?" I ask.

"Yep." He replies. "RUN!!!"

My entire body springs to life, I peg it as fast as I can, dodging daleks left and right. "GET THEM!" I hear them shout from behind me. They are close on my tail. I run as fast as my short legs will carry me, turning at every junction and hallway I meet. I hear a loud zap and feel burning at my heels.

They are shooting at me.

I run faster and faster. My chest is starting to burn. The daleks still close behind. Tears cascading down my face like a waterfall. My vision is getting blurry, I cannot see clearly through the tears, but still I run.

I catch my foot on the corner of a wall as I turn. I feel my body falling almost in slow motion. I crash to the ground. I try to get up again as quick as I can but the pain in my leg is unbearable, I fear it may be broken. Somehow I manage to scramble up. I can no longer run but still I hobble forward as fast as my ankle will allow me. Pain searing up my leg with each step. The daleks are right behind me now.

Another thing I feel a lot when I travel with the doctor.

Pain.

I feel a sharp twinge of yet more pain in my neck and fall to the ground. I cannot move. Slowly my vision fades to black.