21.Respite

HERE WE ARE, THE FINAL CHAPTER. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO READ. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO REVIEW, HOPE THE ENDING IS GOOD FOR YOU. ENJOY!

***

FRIDAY NIGHT A WEEK AGO...

He'd followed Elliot all night and went unnoticed; he was no amateur at when it came to stalking prey, three tours in a war zone had taught him well and he knew exactly how to remain invisible, absolutely stealth until he made his move.

Suddenly, the target appeared, walking out of the ultra fancy building he lived in, the same building from which his baby sister jumped to her death... he would make this right for her; her suffering would not be in vain. Again, he began to follow the prey. When the time was right, he would reveal himself.

He followed him to another building, this one a lot less fancy than the one they'd just left. Elliot was inside for a little over two hours and when he finally emerged, it was obvious that he was pissed off at someone, the rage was unmistakable. He watched him as he looked down at his hand; his knuckles were a bloody mess. Dominic hoped that no one had been injured but unfortunately, he couldn't stop to investigate, his target was getting into a cab and that meant that he had to move as well.

From where they just left, they ended up at a dive bar where Elliot spent a couple of hours. Finally, just after 1am, he came walking out appearing tipsy but definitely not drunk. He didn't try to hail a cab this time, instead he began walking toward the river stopping to lean over the balustrade and look out at the water. He saw him smile and shake his head before he yelled to the sky:

"These stupid fucking bitches...THEY'RE RUINING MY LIFE!" and the he proceeded to slam his foot into a garbage can, knocking it over "You should all follow Mairym's lead and fucking die!" he continued screaming, that's when he felt the cold steel to the back of his head.

"How about just you?" Dominic's voice was low and full of pain.

"What the fuck is this, I'm getting robbed by a goddamn crackhead?!" Elliot complained

"Turn around" Dominic ordered "Slow. Now get on your knees"

"Oh I get it, a queer crackhead! Look, I'm not suckin your dick!"

"That's not why we're here."

"You wanna enlighten me?"

"You killed my sister" Dominic was calm as he spoke.

"Who the fuck's your sister?"

"The wife you just buried"

"You we're responsible for that...I should be holding you at gunpoint!" Elliot said.

"That all you have to say?"

"Look, I didn't kill your sister, alright? I wasn't even there when she took the ledge"

"But you drove her to it, it's no different than you throwing her off. She's dead and you're responsible"

"Hey buddy..."

"No, you don't get to talk your way out of this. A life for a life, you took hers and now I take yours to pay for it!" Dominic said as he cocked the gun and pressed the tip against Elliot's forehead.

"So that's it?" he wouldn't show it but he was absolutely gripped by fear right now as he looked at the man who would end his life right here, this night.