Chapter 30 | And the King Falls | @fanfilledfandom

Deceit stood proud, a large grin plastered on his scaly face. The three sides stood opposite him as the walls shattered and fell away leaving nothing but an endless void.

"I think it's about time we end this whole charade, don't you think?" Deceit snickered pulling on the hem of his yellow glove allowing the material to rebound harshly against his leathery skin.

Virgil scowled taking a step forward only to have a hand placed on his shoulder. He spun around and stared at Logan with angry eyes. Logan tried to hold Virgil back but it was no use. The younger side was determined.

"Virgil-" Logan started.

"No, he's right," Virgil turned back to face the grinning snake, "it's time to end this."

"Virgil please!" this time is was Patton trying to stop him, "think rationally."

"Too late for that," he growled, his voice had the slightest echo to it.

As he drew himself back ready to charge, yet another hand was placed on his shoulder. Virgil looked up to see Roman, sword in hand and rage in his eyes.

"Roman!" Patton called happily.

"Princey, what are you doing here?" Virgil asked monotoned, the slightest chuckle escaping his throat.

"Can't expect a villain to fight another villain, after all it is the Prince's job to slay the beast," Roman said, his voice loud and strong.

"Roman you're back. How was your time in purgatory?"

"Save it for the Devil Deceit," Roman spat raising his sword.

Virgil struck first, reaching out his arms and taking hold of Deceits head. He leaned in close beginning to whisper every negative thought that came into his mind. Deceit cried out in pain, unable to shake the horrible thoughts from his head.

Roman stepped forward along with Patton who now stood behind him with a strong posture and white-knuckled fists. Deceit managed to get Virgil off of him but still weak from the mental attack was vulnerable to Romans iron blade. The sword slicing a sizable hole in his clothes. Roman struck again and again when Patton came in landing a fist right between Deceits devious eyes.

Lying on the ground, Virgil curled up clutching his head. Logan made a dash to Virgil, lifting his head up to try and help his boyfriend.

"Patton!" Romans's voice alerted the two who instantly turned to the battle.

Two Patton's stood shoulder to shoulder both with desperate looks on their faces. Virgil stumbled to his feet with Logan's help.

"Roman! You have to kill Deceit!" one of them instructed Roman.

"Quickly! Do it before he hurts one of us again!" the other called.

"I-" Roman looked desperately between the two Pattons. The sword became heavy in his hands and he let his arm drop.

"Roman please," tears poured down Patton's face, "if you have to kill both of us do it."

"I won't kill Patton!" Roman declared, tears now welling up in his eyes.

"But I will," Virgil's voice echoed as he snatched the sword right out of Romans hand diving for the Patton on the left.

"Virgil!" Logan called trying to grab his sleeve.

A sickly screech filled the sides ears as Deceit was once again revealed. The sword stayed in Deceits chest to his dismay. Virgil rose to his feet as Patton, Roman and Logan came up to surround the defeated villain.

"Any last words?" Roman asked.

"I will be back, and I'll make you all pay!" Deceit hissed hysterically.

Virgil withdrew the sword only to run it straight through Deceits non-existing heart. He screamed as his body fell apart falling into the void.

"Psh, who said a villain can't kill another villain?" Virgil smirked.

——

"Virgil, I must ask- how did you know which Patton was real?" Logan asked as Patton handed everyone their drinks.

"Only Patton would give up his life to save us," Virgil smiled using a spoon to stir his coffee.

"That does remind me," Patton said wearily, "obviously we can't die. I mean we are all apart of Thomas. Good or bad."

"What do you mean Patton?" Logan asked leaning in.

"Deceit may have been defeated but he is still apart of Thomas and so he will always be around, just not as a threat to us anymore," Patton filled everyone in, looking down at his hand the entire time, "he is still around, I can feel him."

"But he can't hurt us now," Virgil smiled taking Logan's hand.

Logan returned Virgil's smile.

"Oh my god! My babies are being gay!" Patton squealed grabbing onto Romans sleeve.

"And that's our queue to leave," Virgil laughed and pulled Logan away from the table and up the stairs.

"Aye, keep it PG!" Roman called after them making Patton erupt into laughter.

——

"Hey, Logan?" Virgil asks from the bed.

"Yes, Verge?" Logan looked up from his book.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Virgil."

——

And so the villain falls,

And the story ends~

Thank you all for your unconditional support, we hope you enjoyed our rollercoaster of a story.

-Emii + Ally~Cat :)

Word Count: 794