Part 10

Chris looks at him with his forehead frown. He doesn´t know what to think about all this. As he opens the door and finds Sarah standing there his heart aches. “Chris, can we talk? I need to…” she says and stops, as she catches sight of Ben. “What are you doing here?”

Ben steps next to Chris. “Come in Sarah” he says and takes her hand; Chris closes the door and puts his hands into his pockets.

“What´s going on here?” she asks with an unsecure smile.

“Sarah, I told Chris about your past. I told him everything, because I think he needed to know…”

The smile on Sarahs face disappears. “What? Are you... you had no right to do that! How could you do that?” She steps away from them.

“Sarah… honey, please… you and me… that is just the beginning… let us try to…” Chris starts.

“You and me? Forget you and me! It hasn´t begun yet, and it never will! And you...” she points at Ben. “I will never forgive you that. You hear me?” She gazes at Ben.

“Sarah, come on, you need help, I needed to tell him…” Ben steps towards her.

“Shut up! Okay! You know what? I don´t wanna talk to both of you ever again, you hear me? I´ll pull this movie through, but be assured, that this will be the last time you’ll hear of me after that. I am out of it, you hear me? I´ll be out of this and out of your life!” she yells, then runs out of the hotel room.

“Sarah!” Chris runs after her and tries to hold her back.

“Get away from me!” She smacks his hands away. “I don´t wanna see you!”.

Somehow she makes the movie work. Sarah does her scenes; she attends meetings, but keeps to herself. She has gotten good at ignoring Chris and Ben. She is friendly and professional, but she kept her word – she does not talk to Chris or Ben outside of work. As they finish the last scene, Ben grabs Sarahs arm to prevent her from rushing off set, as she had done in the past weeks. “Would you stop ignoring me? I told you I’m sorry!”

“Don’t touch me!” Sarah yells at him, causing everyone around to stare at them.

“I told you I won’t talk to you again, so leave me the fuck alone!” 

She frees herself from Ben and walks towards her trailer. Chris steps next to Ben, a worried look on his face. “Im worried about her. You shouldn’t have told her, that you told me all this stuff about her…” Ben stares at Chris.

“I know that now, dude! But it’s too late, what can I do… she’ll calm down. She just acts like a child sometimes. I’m just sick of it.” he says and walks away.

The crew moves on to a small club to celebrate the last day of shooting. While the rest of the crew seems to enjoy the evening, Chris and Ben are not really in the mood to party. Chris had even invited Jeremy Renner, who he hadn’t seen in a while. They were good friends, and Jeremy was the one Chris was able to talk to about Sarah. He had told him about everything that had happened, he was excited to tell him that he found a girl he was falling in love with. Sure, he had a different setting in mind when he wanted Jeremy to meet her for the first time, since she was now not talking to him anymore.

Still, Jeremy was having a good conversation with Sarah, and he found her to be a nice girl. She was not mad at him, so… “Give her some time man, maybe it will all come to a good end” he tells Chris. “That was some heavy stuff you told me about her, but who knows. She might miss you now that this is all over. You know, being Mr. Charming and all” Jeremy grins, trying to cheer Chris up.

“Yeah, ha-ha Renner. Didn’t seem to work out really, that Mr. Charming thing.”