Chapter 2: Count Me In

•Your P.O.V.

I was waiting by the beach for my man to get back with our favourite drink. I never thought that one second can turn my entire life around. That perfectness I've had with Jared, I thought it would never end.

As I was trying to find him, I ran into that guy's fiance, the guy I ran into. She was shot, and in pain, and, damn it, I didn't know what to do. I yelled for Jared, but couldn't spot him.

I wanted to search for Jared so bad, but I couldn't leave her. I can't believe I forgot about the possibility of me getting shot, but that wasn't on my mind.

Suddenly I saw a 6'4" tall man. It was him. But it was, too late. Too, goddamn, late.

I noticed that terrorists are Muslims, and they were shooting every civilian.

One son of a bitch shot him straight to the head and that moment... That moment will never leave my mind ever again. It marked me. Damaged me. Crushed me, for life.

I spotted that guy, too, as he found his fiance. He got shot in the shoulder, but he was okay. Everything happened too fast. I ran to Jared and started shaking him, hoping he will wake up. The guy was close to us, and his girlfriend got a gun to the head, too. One of those sons of bitches shot me in the leg and hand.

As the guy and I realised what had happened, and what we had lost, we were screaming helplessly. We didn't care about us, we could have died, but we had been dead inside already.

"We have to go!" He barely said through tears, his voice was shaking. "No! I'm not leaving him! I want to be with him!" I was determined. "We have to! They wouldn't want us to die, too. At least not yet..." He took my hand, hoping I'll come with him, to hide from shooters. I shook my head and once he realized my stubbornness, he took me, put me over his shoulder and started running.

I was yelling the whole time and punching him on the back to let me go...to let me die, but he didn't want to. Why did he save me? Why would he do that? I'm just a fucking stranger who lost the love of her life in a fucking shooting on a fucking beach. He lost one, too, why didn't he just give up!?

•Mitch's P.O.V.

I lost her... God, I lost her, why... Why her? Why not me!? Why not fucking me!?

One minute, I wanted to stand in front of any shooter and beg him to kill me, but I remembered Katrina... She would have killed me, if I had ever given up.

I saw the girl who had bumped into me earlier. She was helpless, sobbing, literally punching her dead fiance's chest. She thought she could wake him up...

Despite of her wanting to die there, I couldn't let her. I didn't care she was a stranger, I had to do something. Against her will, I took her and we hid into the bathroom of the bar. I had to hold her so she doesn't get louder. If they had heard us, we would have been dead.

An hour passed. Shooters were gone and ambulance was helping anyone who survived. I was physically good, but mentally, I'll never be. That girl and I got separated for examination.

I found her, she was looking at one spot, unaware of the whole situation, sitting by the end of ambulance car. But she got aware as soon as I approached to her. She remembered everything.

"Why?" She asked me, but I didn't know what to say. I didn't even understand that myself. I sat by her and hugged her.

"Why would you save me?" She again spoke. "For them. They are....were good...hell, the best..." I couldn't manage to keep my tears inside. "Thank you..." "Mitch." "Yn."

"I think you should go. You're not obligated to look after me anymore." "It's okay..." "Just go! Okay!? I don't want to bother you!" She snapped at me, but I understood her. "Then, what do you want?" I asked her. "Are you sure you want to know. Because once I tell you...I can't untell you..." Suddenly she couldn't cry anymore. I nodded, wanting to hear what did she want. "I wanna kill every evil son of a bitch responsible for today's....hell." "I'd already come up with a plan." She and I had same goals, and that's when I realized it. With one look at me she just said one thing. "Count me in."