Chapter 11: Selection Process

•Mitch's P.O.V.

We got there, and what we saw? More contestants. That was actually a good thing. Perfect for mine and Yn's training. Obviously we both knew we would kick those asses.

Hurley, who was in the center, wanted to do a little presentation, he called out one of the guys from the circle we all formed. He began fighting with him, they both had knives. Fastly enough, Hurley's knife was an inch away from the guy's throat.

"One wrong move, and you're dead." Then the second later he threw his knife at Yn's direction, and that's when my heart stopped.

" Then the second later he threw his knife at Yn's direction, and that's when my heart stopped

Luckily, she was fast enough to bend down.

"You sick bastard you could've killed her!" I was so angry with him.

"Calm down, princess, she has reflexes."

"I'm okay, Mitch. It's okay." Yn looked at me and tried to calm me down.

"Enough with this bullshit, let's see what you got. Mitch, Miller, center. Now." Hurley called out for me and some really tall dude. But that wasn't a problem.

We began to fight. No weapons, just our body skills. He was fast, and every punch he tried to give me, I dodged it.

I managed to throw him down and we began to wrestle.

Suddenly someone from the circle threw him a knife which cut my arm. "Aren't you gonna do something, sir?" I heard Yn speak to Hurley, she saw the knife, too. "No, let them fight."

I took his hand and twisted his wrist, which made him drop the knife. I took it but he got one of my hands so I dropped the knife which landed on my other hand. I twisted him and placed the knife under his throat.

"Good... Now... Yn, let's see what you got. I have a special opponent for you. Jones, you are up."

•Your P.O.V.

I got a really hot dude to fight with, but I didn't let that distract me. His dark hair, and green eyes... No, Yn. Get your shit together.

Since I was the only female in the group, I had to get some tough dude. He had muscles, really good ones. But it isn't all about the muscles, it's about strategy.

"Let's see what you got, love." He spoke to me.

"Don't call me that."

I tripped him, and he fell, obviously annoyed, he stood up and set his guards. He tricked me few times, intended to hit me but backed away so I get annoyed, but I didn't.

"Are we gonna play games here of fight?" I asked.

"Bring it on."

He went to hit me but I bent left and kicked his rib. He went for the hit again, so I moved right, grabbed his arm, twisted it and threw him down. I knew that wasn't enough to keep him that way so I sat on him, grabbed his right hand and stretched it as much as I could and with my other hand I pressed his throat.

"Enough!" Hurley yelled. "You two fishes proved what you got. Congratulations. You're in...and you better not piss me off, or you are out."