Chapter 14: Vengeance

•Your P.O.V.

I got to the base, thanks to Mitch, and well, Hurley, too. All these thoughts running through my mind. What did happen? Did those idiots really try to rape me? Why? Have I done something to piss them off?

Why did all those things, bad things, happen to me? Just lined up, waiting to damage me more and more. I couldn't understand.

"Yn..." I heard someone calling out my name, but my thoughts were louder.

"Yn." It finally got to my brain.

Mitch.

His concerned look showered my face. I could see that he was really scared for me. That he really cares for me.

"Thank you..." "Come on, you know you don't ever have to say those two words to me. I'd do anything for you... Are you better?" He asked me as he handed over a cup of tea he had made for me. "I'm fine now. I have to thank you, too, sir. If you hadn't been there on time, it would have been a lot worse scenario." "Enough of sentimentality the two of you. Get to sleep, we have some work to do." Come on, has he ever heard of "your welcome"? I really wanted to roll my eyes, but it would be disrespectful considering the fact that he stopped a potential raping.

Hurley got back to his cabin and I thought Mitch would do the same.

"Mitch, I'm fine, really. See? I'm okay. Nothing happened, thanks to you. You can go back to sleep." "Go back to sleep? Yn, those idiots tried to rape you and one of them had tried to kill you before that. We don't even know the reason for any of those acts and you think I can go to sleep now? Can you?" I shrugged as he said that. He was right, this whole situation was fucked up. It got way more complicated.

"I guess Hurley sent them somewhere for interrogation. I hope he will tell us as soon as he finds anything out." I finally spoke after few minutes. "I doubt he would tell us if it had anything to do with him. Maybe he's connected to this crap, too. I feel there's something much bigger here." "Well, Mitch, it's on us to solve this crap, then." "I promise you, we will find answers, but until then, I'm not leaving your side. Move." He layed down beside me. "Mitch, seriously, you don't have to do that." "You're right. I don't have to. I want to... Yn you're important to me. I'll do anything to keep you safe."

I only smiled. His words were so warm. It was nice to hear them. I haven't heard them in a long time. Jared had been protective over me, like Mitch. I miss him so much.

"What are you thinking about." Mitch realized I was somewhere else. "Nothing... I'm happy we are in this together." "Me, too."

•Mitch's P.O.V.

"BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!"

Yn and I jumped off the bed as the loudest poundings filled the cabin.

Hurley.

"Get up, lovebirds, it's time for some running. MOVE! MOVE!MOVE! NO TIME FOR CLOTHING OR WASHING GET YOUR ASSES OUT RIGHT NOW!"

We realized he was serious as we saw the rest of the crew looking like trash, too.

"You gotta be kidding me." I said as I saw how muddy the place was after rain.

"Do I hear someone complaining?" Hurley approached to me. "No, sir." "That's what I thought."

*Two hours later

My ass was so tired. Two hours of constant running. Who wouldn't be? But then I looked at Yn. She wasn't even a bit tired. Her face was so serious, and emotionless. Like she was so committed to it.

"You know... I bet if we... took a little break... Hurley wouldn't mind." I barely spoke as my heart pounded, even though I knew that was a lie I wanted a little break. "No time for that. We gotta run." She started running faster, leaving me behind.

What the hell happened, despite all that shit. She was up to something. And I was right. She sped pass me and got to Hurley. I was sure she was looking for some answers.

•Your P.O.V.

I could barely keep up with Hurley, but I had to do what I had to do to get some answers.

"Sir? Permission to speak?"

"Permission granted."

"Do you have any news about those three men that kidnapped me? And if you do, would you, please, like to share it? It's very important to me to know it, sir." "I see... Nothing for know. I'll keep you updated." He didn't even look at me.

"Sir, I'm sorry to say this, but I don't believe you."

He suddenly stopped.

"The rest of you keep running... Look, I don't know who you think you are, but you better not be speaking to me like that. I'll say what I wanna say. Got it?" I saw one of his veins popping out on his forehead.

"Like I said... I'm sorry. But this is really important to me. Someone wants me dead. One of those men had tried to kill me before all of this. I don't know why and I need some answers. There's something much more to this story and I need to collect all puzzle pieces. Wouldn't you be curious if you were in my shoes, sir?" "I should've questioned my decision more. Accepting you and your friend. Now you're gonna drag me down in your own shit with you." "We are already helping you. At least what you can do is tell me anything you found out from interrogation, sir."

By the look on his face, I knew he was hiding something. But I couldn't figure out what.

The rest of the crew came back.

"It's enough running for today. Five-minute break, and we'll get to some shooting." He got off the topic.

My eyes were looking for Mitch, and I found him.

"Come on, follow me. We have five minutes."

"Yn, what's going on?" He asked as I grabbed his hand and pulled him in Hurley's cabin.

"Hurley's keeping something from me and I intend to find out what that is." I called Irene using Hurley's phone.

"Who remembered me. Isn't that the great Stan Hurley?"

"Try again."

"Yn? What are you doing with his phone?"

"Before you hang up, please hear me out. I really need to know if you found out anything after the interrogation of those three idiots. It's important, Irene. Please don't keep this from me. Someone wants me dead and there's gotta be some more to it. It goes way ba-" "-I know. One had tried to kill you in hospital." "How do you..." "He confessed. He said he won't stop until you're dead." "But why? What did I do?" "Apparently, you killed his brother."

Mitch and I looked at each other in shock.

"His brother?" Mitch asked.

"Yes, Jared."