Chapter 5: Don't Leave Me

It's been six months since the shooting. Mitch and you were almost professional assassins. Both of you bonded so much. Even though, your boundaries weren't crossed, you were pretty close, the two of you.

Going everywhere together, doing everything together, to see each other's faces, that became your daily hobby.

And you weren't bothered by that. Yes. You had couple of fights, like everyone, you had your differences, but never ever thought about leaving each other or giving up.

You both lost something. The loves of your lives and your parents. The thing is, even though that left the biggest hole in yourselves, both of you managed to fill the big amount of emptiness in the holes of yours.

Eventually, one of you had enough.

•Mitch's P.O.V.

It was a rough day. Our usual training got harder and harder by day. But when the training is hard, it's easy to fall asleep at the end of the day. So I did. We did.

I was sleeping, I'd already got used to having nightmares about the shooting. I used to not sleep for days, but Yn was there for me, so we helped each other. Now, I'm literally aware when I'm dreaming or not. But, Yn... She has a hard time adjusting.

Like I said, I was sleeping one night and I felt sudden moves and shakes. They were slight but noticeable.

She gripped the shits so tight, she almost ripped them. Sweeting, shaking, sobbing in her sleep. It was clear. It was a nightmare and I wanted to wake her up, but I couldn't.

I was slightly pushing her, shaking her head. It didn't work. She was suffering and I couldn't do a damn thing.

Second later and she rised up, screaming like hell. Like somebody is pealing her skin off. I hugged her from behind, one hand around her stomach and other one on her forehead, stopping her from going forwards, trying to calm her and her body down, but she was strong.

She tried to shake me off, her scream got louder, so I had to, somehow, transfer my voice into her head and calm her down.

"Yn, it's me. Okay? It's me... Mitch. Please, calm down... You are with me. You are safe. It was just a stupid nightmare.... Breathe..." I whispered in her ear.

She fastly released herself from my hug and ran to the end of the bed, scared to turn around, but she did, slowly.

When she realized who was hugging her, she ran towards me and I hugged her. In a tightest hug possible. And she needed it. So bad.

"I can't..." That's the only thing she said while I was holding her. I backed away and placed both of my hands on both of her cheeks. "What?" I asked her and she got off the bed and I followed her. She just kneeled and destroyed herself.

"How I feel...inside me... I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing, Mitch...I just..No...No, no, no...I can't. I can't, I can't, I can't... It hurts, just make it stop, please, make it stop. It hurts." Those words of hers. Like her pain transported into me. They burned my heart like hell.

 They burned my heart like hell

•Your P.O.V.

My lungs, my chest, my fucking heart... Everything hurt. Everything... I couldn't bare it. Maybe I was weak, but I couldn't take it anymore. I know he was trying best to calm me down. But I can't put him through this, too.

I can't be selfish like this. He's hurting, too, and only I'm allowed to let it all out? The hell no.

I was feeling like a burden to him. The burden he was obligated to bare. But no. I won't let it happen. I won't hurt him.

As I got away from his arms, I ran towards the kitchen. I took a knife, and, damn it, he was fast.

He got to the kitchen and slowly started approaching to me. Talking me out of it. But I just wanted to end it all. I know I promised to die fighting, but I was tired. So much. Drained.

I wanted to make it easier for him, not just me.

"Please, Yn, put down the knife." "I can't, Mitch." "Yn, please. Listen to me. Don't do this. Please if not for me, or yourself, then for him. He wouldn't want that." He tried. "He's gone! It's over!" "It's not. But it'll be once we get those sons of bitches...now...please...put the knife down." "No..." "Okay, he's gone....but... If I... If I mean anything to you, anything, you won't do it." "I have to do it because you do mean a lot to me. I'm a burden to you. I'm too weak." My tears started slipping one after another.

"Don't say that. You are not even aware what you have done for me. You've been there for me, you still are and I want you to continue that. But it won't continue unless you drop that knife... You are the strongest woman I've ever known, why can't you see that? A weak person wouldn't agree to do this with me.... Please... Don't leave me... Please." His tears started slipping, too.

"I'm sorry." That was all I had said before I stabbed myself in the stomach.

"No!" He rushed towards me and all went blank.