Chapter 15: The Brother

•Your P.O.V.

"Irene, are you sure about this? Like one hundred percent sure." I had to gather my thoughts for second. Jared had a brother? I haven't even heard of him. Why did he keep that from me?

"Yes, I'm sure. We did the whole background check. Apparently he infiltrated in the base somehow. I don't know how we missed that. His name is Jensen. He said you went to Ibiza with Jared and that's what got him killed. Your own will to travel to that place...so he blames you."

"How stupid he is to think that's Yn's fault!? He didn't even bother to go after the shooters." Mitch added, obviously frustrated.

"What the hell do you two think you're doing!?" Hurley busted in, snatching the phone from my hand. But, honestly, at that point, I couldn't care less about him.

"You know what we are doing. Something needed to be done, and I did it." I said, firmly. "You really wanna get your ass kicked out of here? We don't mix personal with training. You are gonna have to choose." "We found what we were looking for. We can get back to training." Mitch interfered.

•Mitch's P.O.V.

We had a whole stage set up for us. It looked like a basic furniture store, with all kinds of different beds, night tables, kitchens, bathrooms, etc. There were us and some random strangers. Our job was to spot a murderer, analyze anything and everything. Body language, movements, the walk, everything needed to be studied.

The "game" was simple. If we find the wrong person, or don't find anyone at all, we'll get electrocuted by our vests they gave us to put on. Every wrong move caused another electric shock.

I couldn't care less about myself, but I was worried about Yn. I don't know why, cause I knew she was strong, high pain tolerance and all that. It must be the way she got under my skin fastly and easily. I love the feeling when I'm with her, but that guilt... Oh, man, that guilt of having feelings for someone else that's not Katrina. It haunted me. Made me question every decision I make about Yn.

As we were going through the scene, we had  five minutes to examine people without being too obvious, without weapons. I saw few potential candidates that could be shady. The way one dude's nostrils moved, like he knew he was being watched.

Yn came to my mind so I had to look for her. As soon as our eyes met, we smiled to each other. That's when I realized the guy I was suspicious about appeared behind her, holding a knife against her throat.

Game over.

Vests activated.

It hurt like a bitch.

"That was horrible. Again!" Hurley's voice was on interphone.

•Your P.O.V.

God! I was so stupid, Mitch's look just... I don't know, amused me and I didn't even noticed that idiot behind me.

After that we lost many, too many times it was driving Hurley nuts.

No matter how much I hated the game and those vests, that was useful. We need to train, to learn, to be the best if we wanna kick some asses. So the next time I made sure there were no distractions. Only focus.

One woman was looking from mattress to mattress, minding her own business, unlike the rest of the crew. She was a good actress. Looked so innocent.

Jared came to my mind. He always used to say that some people can surprise you in any way, usually the ones you don't expect the surprise from.

I decided to give it a shot, no matter how much I hated those vests.

I came behind her slowly, pushed her knee from behind, which made her fall on her knees and I put a gun on her head, as I found a knife stashed inside her pocket.

"Got ya."

But that wasn't the end of the game. A guy that was apparently teamed up with her came behind me, ready to shoot me but Mitch was fast to shoot his vest.

Game over.

We won.

Screw you, Hurley.

*Five hours later, 10pm

•Mitch's P.O.V.

I came to Yn's cabin, to see how was she doing.

"Hey, good choice back there." I commented. "Well, not much. You pretty much did the rest of the job. Those freaky vests would have activated if you hadn't been that fast." She smiled. "So I guess, we make a pretty good team." I said that as I was approaching to her, put my hands around her waist. "Yes we do." That's all it took her to say, for me to kiss her.

It began slowly, and after that turned in a tongue fight. So much passion, lust. I really wanted her. I needed her. All of her.

She backed away a little bit to look me in my eyes. I could se the desire I had, in her eyes, too, but someone interrupted us.

Hurley.

We immediately lined up in front of him.

"I really hope I interrupted something that's not allowed in my base. You can mingle wherever you want, but not here." "Our apologies, sir." I said.

"Are we suppose to have another training, sir?" Yn asked him. I was wondering why he came here, too. "No. I came here to tell you that you two have shown the best abilities than everyone. Don't let that get over your heads. I'm not telling you this to compliment you. I'm telling you this cause you have a job to do. With me. Tomorrow we will be meeting Irene and she will explain you everything. Now, Rapp, go fucking find your own cabin, and you two get some sleep. That's an order."

"Yes, sir." We said in unison.