4•

After last period I walked out of class and saw Steve and Nancy walking out of school together and I gave them a wave. As I left the school I made a b-line for my car. I just wanted to leave this damn hell hole and hit the open road.

I stood outside my car and pulled out a cigarette, really needing to relax. I fumbled with my lighter and after dropping it twice I went to light my cigarette. My face fell when the lighter failed to spark. I must be fucking cursed because this isn't even funny anymore. Just as I was about to start rubbing two sticks together, Goldielocks appeared beside me.

"Need a light?" He asked as he leaned against my car, cigarette hanging from his mouth.

"You spying on me now?" I retorted.

"I'm parked right there, kind of hard to ignore your little scene."

"I know where you're parked, you nearly took the front of my car off this morning."

He just sighed in response. "You need a light or not sweetheart?"

"Yes and please don't call me sweetheart." I replied, letting him light my cigarette.

"We'll give me something else to call you, like maybe your name?"

"No." I said as I inhaled my cigarette and leant beside him against my car.

"Come on, I'll tell you mine." He smirked, raising his eyebrow.

"What makes you think I wanna know your name?"

"Work with me here doll."

"Stop it with the nicknames." I said with a smirk.

"Then tell me your name." He chuckled.

"Fine," I exhaled, "it's Evelyn, Evelyn Griffin."

"See, that wasn't so hard. The names Billy, Billy Hargrove."

"Great and now that we're acquainted, get the hell off my car." I said as I stood up and opened the drivers door.

Billy smirked while getting up and winked at me before sauntering over to his own car. I got into the drivers seat and turned on my mix tape. 'Big city nights' by the Scorpions was blasting as I pulled away from the school.

I decided to take the long way home, not exactly excited to be going there either. Once I got a few miles away from the school I pulled down one of the country roads. These were the best roads to go fast on due to the little traffic and less people to judge my thumping music. I smoked my cigarette and threw it out the window. I needed to make a detour to buy another light or I would go insane.

I reached the little gas station by my house and noticed the Byers' car parked out front.

"Hey Johnathan." I said when I saw him getting served at the cash register.

"Hey Evie." He nodded before collecting his items and walking out the door.

I had gotten closer with Johnathan and Will, and all his friends ever since the whole upside down incident. To say it was one of the most scary incidents of my life was a fucking understatement. I mean if I ever dreamed of telling anyone about what happened I would be admitted before I even got to the part about the Demogorgon.

I bought some gas, another packet of cigarettes and two new lighters just in case before heading out to my car. What a fucking day.