5•

As I pulled up to my house I could already hear the fighting coming from inside. My parents fight constantly, 24/7 and it drives me insane. One time after two consecutive fucking nights of them arguing, I slept in my car. I wish they'd just hurry up and get a divorce because the whole neighborhood knows they hate eachother.

As I entered the house I heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen.

"Don't you throw another glass at me Mary." I heard my father yell.

"Oh shut up Rick, I bought them I can do whatever I want with them!"

I slammed the front door to let them know I, their only child who they are supposed to adore, was home. I made my way up to my room and slammed that door too for good measure. I proceeded to take off my jacket and shoes and lie down on my bed. I had so much homework due and was falling behind but how was I supposed to concentrate with world war three happening every day down stairs?

I jerked awake and looked at my clock. It was nearly one am, officially Halloween and my parents were still finding things to argue about. I couldn't take it anymore. I threw on my jacket and my shoes and stormed down stairs. When I opened the kitchen door the place was a mess, it looked like someone had broke in. There was glass all over the floor and various other objects littered around the place. My parents were in the middle of it all engaged in a heated row about God knows what.

"Can you please be quiet." I said, only to be completely ignored. You know what, fuck them.
"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled as loud as I could. They both stopped in their tracks and stared at me in disgust.

"How dare you speak to us like that." My mom stated.

"No, how dare both of you still be yelling like mental patients at one am." I growled.

"You have the manners of a pig," My father said as he walked over to me. He grabbed my arm in one hand and my neck in the other and pulled me into the hallway, pushing me against the front door. What the fuck was going on? He'd never hurt me before.

"Dad what the fuck!" He was squeezing my throat possibly tighter than he meant to so it only came out as a gasp.

"What did we talk about swearing?" He spoke in a low voice. I didn't answer him. My dad had this thing about swearing in the house and if me or my mom ever did, even by accident then he lost his shit. He released his grip on my throat and spoke again. "What did we talk about swearing Evelyn?"

"Not to do it." I said through gritted teeth. I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"And what did you do?" His tone was so condescending, which made me even more upset. I dared not blink incase Niagara falls started flowing down my face.

"Swear."

"So," he finally let go of my wrist and stepped back, "If you don't like how things are in this house, then get out."

I didn't say a thing as I turned on my heel and dashed out of the front door, I got into my car and was pushing 60 before I even left the street.
I drove for a couple of miles out of town before parking up. This was the worst I had ever seen them. I lit up a cigarette and turned on my mix tape, turning it down a considerable amount as it was nearly two am. I started to cry. Not the gentle movie star tears mind you, they were the sniveling, dribbling, drooling kind. I rested my head against the headrest and closed my eyes. 'Helter skelter' by Mötley Crëw played as I fell asleep.

When I awoke it was daylight. I looked at the clock on my dash, it was nine thirty am. There was no point in going to school, not when I was this late. Plus I don't think I have the mental stability to go to geography today.

I started the engine and drove back to my house to get ready for Tina's Halloween party. My parents would both be at work and wouldn't be home until after school was over so I had plenty of time to get sorted.

When I opened the front door to my house I sighed, the place was still a mess. I made my way upstairs and took a long, hot shower. I lathered myself in soap and washed my hair, shaving myself for good measure. Once I was done I went into my room wrapped in a towel and started rummaging through my closet for something to wear. I wanted to feel good and look good tonight.

After thoroughly searching I settled on a pair of black leather jeans, a red bralette, some fluffy black heels and a red devils headband that I found in the back of my closet. I finished off with some mascara, red eyeshadow and some red lipstick. I tidied up and glanced at the clock when I was done, my parents would be home from work soon. I grabbed my jacket and looked in the mirror before heading out the door. I felt amazing.