8•

"So where do you live?" Billy asked as I clicked on my seatbelt.

"Uh near Piney Wood, but feel free to go slow."

"It's a fast car Princess, we don't 'go slow.' "

I just rolled my eyes at the nickname and gave him a thumbs up before leaning against the window. He placed his arm around my shoulders and we drove quickly and quietly.

"Is that real?" He asked, causing me to look at him.

"Is what?"

"The bruise on your neck." He motioned with a newly lit cigarette before taking another draw.

"No it's not real." I sighed. This fucking bruise can go suck a dick, I wonder how much I could sell my father for?

"Looks real." He said as he reached over and brushed his fingers against it, pressing harder than he realised.

"Ow Billy!" I yelled while batting his hand away, causing him to swerve on the road and slam on the breaks.

"What the fuck Evie!" He yelled making me jump and put my arm up in defence. We looked at eachother and realisation crossed both our faces at the same time. "I suppose that one isn't real either." He said nodding to my arm.

"Just drive Billy."

We drove in silence, the only conversation between us was from me telling him where to turn. We pulled up outside my house and sat there for a few minutes before he sighed and turned his body to completely face me.

"Listen, whatever's going on-"

"Nothing's going on Billy." I stated, cutting him off.

"Looks like something."

"You don't even know me so please just drop it." I put my hand on the door handle, ready to get out.

"Because," he started again, "if I find out it was Harrington I'll kill him."

"It wasn't Steve I promise, it was nobody." I said looking down. This guy really didn't know how to quit.

"Bullshit. It doesn't just happen on its-"

A loud crash came from my house followed by incoherent yelling. Billy's head snapped around to look at the front door before turning back around to me. I shrunk down in my seat, head hung low. This was officially the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me. After a second of staring at my house Billy started up the engine and drove away.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked, sitting upright as quickly as I could.

"You weren't going in there." He mumbled, pressing his foot on the gas.

"Billy I live there, It's always like that," I sighed, "I'm used to it."

"That's why I didn't let you go in." Technically this was kidnapping but It was obvious that there was no use arguing with him so I just sat in silence.

We pulled down a street and stopped outside what I presumed was his house. "Come on." He said before getting out of the car. I got out after him and stumbled to the front door, tripping over the front step.

"Come on Bambi." He smirked, pulling me through the door. When we got inside I sat down on the sofa and took off my heels. My poor feet felt like they had been in a vice all night.

"Max!" Billy yelled down the hall making me jump. He really needed to learn to use an inside voice or I was going to burst an eardrum. A few seconds later a small redheaded girl came into the room looking tired and unimpressed.

"What?" She demanded.

"Where's Neil and Susan?"

"Out, they'll be back tomorrow night. Who's she?" She said, now looking at me. Billy just sighed in response, obviously wanting her to go away.

"I'm Evie," I smiled as I stood up and walked over to her, "I like your hair."

"Max," she smiled, "and thanks."

"Great now get lost Max." Billy said with a fake smile.

"Don't be a dick Billy." She said frowning.

"What did you say to me?" He said loudly. I quickly spun around to face him.

"You don't gotta shout, she's right in front of us." I whispered before putting both of my hands on his chest, trying my best to stop an argument from happening.

"Right." He said, still eyeing up Max.

"Be nice." I frowned, my hands still on his chest.

"Fine," Billy mumbled, now looking at me, "Max my darling sister, please fuck off." He said in her general direction.

"Language." I said as I poked him on the chest. I heard Max snigger and I turned around just to see her walking back down the hall. When her door was closed, Billy walked over to the couch and sat down. Not knowing what else to do, I followed and sat beside him.

He put his arm around my shoulder and leant closer to me,"You know, if you poke me like that again I'm gonna poke you right back." He whispered. I turned around to look at him and started to laugh. He had a smirk on his face and was just about to take a drag of the newly lit cigarette in his mouth when I poked him again. I saw his expression change and I stood up and ran around the back of the sofa.

"Oh you asked for it." He grinned, jumping up after me. He chased me around the couch three times before he caught me around the waist, making me squeal. I was laughing so hard that I didn't even fight when he flung me on the couch and climbed on top of me. Now, if I had of been told two days ago that I would be under Billy Hargrove, on his couch at two am, I would have called bullshit. But, here I am.

"Get off," I laughed, taking the cigarette from his mouth, "before you burn me with this."

"I warned you." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and turned my face to the side. I took a small drag from his cigarette, exhaled and placed it back between his lips.

"I have to go home Billy." I said, sitting up. The smirk was immediately wiped from his face and his expression returned to normal.

"Not when you're gonna get hurt again. He frowned.

"I have no clean clothes, no car and I can't walk into school tomorrow wearing this stupid costume. What choice do I have?"

"Your pants are fine and you can borrow one of my t-shirts. Just stay the night." he mumbled, looking me up and down.

"And sleep where? With you? I don't think so." I smirked.

"I'll take the couch."

"You know what I don't understand?" I said suddenly standing up, "out of every girl in Hawkins, what's the fascination with me?"

"You're different." He shrugged.

"I bet you say that to every girl." I laughed.

"Shut up Evie."