10•

Billy's shirt hung loosely around my body as I pulled on my jeans. It only looked slightly better when I tucked it in, but it would have to do. I walked out of the bathroom over to Max, who had been waiting impatiently by the front door for the past ten minutes.

"What size are your feet?"

"Weird question," she frowned, "but 5 why?"

"Great me too. Can I borrow a pair of shoes because if I have to wear those heels again I'm going to go insane."

"Sure." She laughed as she went to her room to get some.

"You ready to go?" Billy asked, walking over to where I was standing.

"Max is just getting me some shoes." Billy stood Infront of me and smirked.

"You look sexy in my clothes."

"I look sexy in everything." I smiled as I took the shoes from Max, who appeared at the wrong point of our conversation and had a disgusted look on her face.

"Gross." She said pushing past us and walking out the door.

I sat in the front seat next to Billy and lit up a cigarette. 'shout at the devil' by Mötley Crëw was blasting as he raced towards the high school. We got there with a good few minutes to spare so Billy and I leant against his car, watching Max skate away.

"She's great, you know." I said taking a draw of my cigarette.

"You don't have to live with her."

"Hey I'm serious. You gotta start showing her you care, she's your sister." I said, turning to face him.

"Stepsister." He huffed.

"Billy."

"Evie I do care about her, more than you know. It's just hard when we're pushed together and expected to play happy families." He sighed and put out his cigarette.

"It's not her fault though."

"I'm not blaming her," he sighed again, "I'm blaming everyone else, including me."

"You listen here," I said, moving so I stood Infront of him between his legs, "It's not Max's fault and it's definitely not your fault so don't for a fucking second think it is, okay?" He didn't answer me, just continued to look at me. "Okay?" I frowned, poking him in the chest.

"Dangerous game you're playing babe." He smirked, examining my body.

"Billy," I whined, "just once in your life be serious."

He just started to laugh, causing me to roll my eyes. I turned around to walk away from him only for him to come up behind me and slap me on the ass. I let out a yelp of surprise, which just made him laugh harder.

"What the hell Hargrove?" I spun around to see Steve walking over with a repulsed look on his face. Oh no.

"You got a problem Harrington?" Billy shouted, squaring up to Steve. All trace of nice Billy was gone, replaced by this egotistical asshole.

"Yeah," Steve said, "don't fucking touch her."

"Don't act like you give a shit."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Steve said, narrowing his eyes.

"Your memory that bad that you forgot about leaving Evie alone at Tina's, or do you just not care?"

"Shit," Steve mumbled, realisation washing over him. He looked at me and frowned, "Me and Nancy had a fight and I completely forgot."

"Little late Harrington, I took care of her." Billy smirked.

"See if you did anything to her-" Steve shouted as he pushed Billy back, only to be cut off by Billy pushing him to the ground.

"Now why would I do that?" Billy yelled. I had to stop this or they were going to kill eachother over something stupid.

"Billy leave it, it doesn't matter." I placed my hand on his shoulder. Billy turned to look at me and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose and pointing to Steve with his other hand.

"You touch me again Harrington and you're dead." He growled before pushing past me and walking in the direction of school.

"Are you okay?" I asked Steve, who was picking himself up off the ground.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for leaving you at the party." He sighed.

"It's fine, I went home with Billy. I don't know why he made such a big deal about it, but are you and Nancy alright?"

"She said she didn't love me Evie."

"Just give her some time, I'm sure she was just drunk, she'll come around again and see how great you are." I said, offering him a small smile.

"Thanks I hope you're- are you wearing his shirt?" He asked, cutting himself off.

"Yeah I stayed over at his last night." I said turning red.

"Oh my god," Steve exclaimed, covering his face with his hands, "tell me you didn't-" he moved closer, "tell me you didn't sleep with him." He whisper shouted, making me laugh.

"No I didn't, he slept on the couch." My laughter was drowned out by the bell. Steve and I started walking over to the school. I walked beside him and he flung his arm over my shoulder.

"Good because he probably has a disease."

"Steve!"