7. Royal Bitch

It's been about a week since Ashton and I got together. Things have been amazing and I couldn't have been happier in that week. Nobody tried to interfere, until today.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is. You don't have a chance with Ashton, he's just using you." She snickered and walked off. That bitch. She's not going to get in the way of my relationship. I'm happy for once.

I pushed that to the side of my brain and moved onto better things. I knew Ashton wasn't using me, so why listen to her? Because a part of you thinks she might be right.

I was walking to my locker, looking at my phone, when I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was g..... Michael?" His eyes were puffy and red, almost like he was crying. The only thing is, he doesn't look like he was crying. Wait a second. He can't be.... Omg! He is!

"Are you high?!" My words seemed to shock him. He almost seemed shocked that someone figured it out.

"Fuck off." With that, he took off. I watched him walk down the hallway. He held his head low and seemed to be dragging himself to where he wanted to go. There's something wrong with him, and I want to be the one to figure it out.

_______________________________

I was sitting in lunch with V and Ashton. We were seated at his table since he wanted to sit next to me but I wanted to sit next to V. He came up with the agreement to just have us both sit at his table.

He was currently talking to the two boys I still didn't know. I didn't care though, I'll know them one day. V was studying for a test, which left me alone for the moment. I decided to get up to go to the bathroom. Ashton pulled me down the second I got up.

"Where are you going babe?" Whenever he calls me babe, I melt. His accent doesn't help the situation either.

"I'm going to the bathroom Ashton, I'm not leaving forever, calm down." he let go of my arm and I giggled. I got back up again and gave Ashton a quick kiss on the cheek before walking off the the bathroom.

I didn't need to do anything so I decided to touch up my makeup. I wasn't wearing much, just some mascara, eyeliner, and lipgloss. I used to wear blush, but ever since I met Ashton I haven't needed it. I took out my lipgloss and smeared it on my lips. I was about to walk out when the royal bitch walked in.

"Didn't you listen to me earlier or are you too stupid to understand? Ashton. Is. Using. You." She annunciated every word.

"Is that clearer for you?" She gets on my nerves so much.

"Leave me alone Haley, I don't have time for you." I'm not the most confident person, but for some reason I am right now.

"Whatever loser. Just know you're life will become a living hell and I'll make sure of it." She sneered at me as she walked off.

I don't know what I did to her to make her hate me. Maybe she just has some problems.

I finally got a chance to walk out of the bathroom. I was thinking about telling Ashton what happened with me and Haley but I decided against it. It's not important and I can control the situation but I won't be able to in the future

_______________________________

Ashton decided to drive me home. We weren't talking in the car but it wasn't an awkward silence, it was a really nice and almost comforting silence. We were hand in hand until we got home.

I made my way to my door, expecting Ashton to go to his house too, but he didn't. He came with me to my door. He turned my head and looked at me with full eye contact.

"Maddie, what's wrong? I know there's something you're not telling me." He seemed concerned but I still didn't want to, or need to tell him. I can handle myself.

"Ashton, it's nothing, I can handle it myself." I tried to show him that I meant that.

"Okay. I believe you, but if something happens please tell me." He's so sweet.

"Okay Ashton, I will." It was hard to say no to him so I didn't even try. I just don't want to be that clingy girlfriend.

"Thank you. I have to go do homework, I'll talk to you soon."

I nodded and proceeded to open the door, but Ashton stopped me.

"What? no kiss?" He put on a childish pout. He's such a kid sometimes.

"You're a goof." I chuckled before I decided to tease him a little. I leaned up and very gently, grazed my lips against his. I didn't press into the kiss which made him try to. I smirked against his lips as I pulled away. He playfully frowned before I smirked again.

"There you go Ashton, there's your kiss." His lips formed into a smile.

"Stop teasing me and come here." Before I could protest, he smashed his lips to mine. This time I let him deepen the kiss. Our lips were in perfect sync. We have never gone as far as a longer kiss. We were taking this relationship slowly. He pulled away and gave my lips a quick peck. They felt cold now, I was almost sad that he had to pull away.

"Goodbye Maddie, go do homework and don't get distracted." He winked at me and walked off to his house.

"Whatever Ashton." I called back as I giggled and made my way into the house.