8. Normal?

"Maddie wake up! You're going to be late for school!" My mom shouted in my ear. She started to pull my blanket off of me to, I guess, wake me up. I found myself shivering in the cold October air that spread across my room. I took my time to yawn and stretch before pulling myself out of bed. my eyes shifted to the clock in front of my bed before bulging out of my head.

"7:30 already!?!? Why didn't you wake me up earlier mom! I don't have enough time to get ready for school!" I rushed out of be and went straight to my closet. Usually I take a shower and then get ready before eating breakfast and heading out the door. Today on the other hand, I didn't have enough time to take a shower. I picked out my favorite pair of leggings; Galaxy printed leggings. Satisfied that they were clean, I went to pick out a shirt. It was a black long sleeve shirt. There were silver spikes on the shoulders and along the collar. There was also a single line of them along each sleeve. It was tight fitted so it emphasized my chest to make it look bigger.

After I laid out my outfit on my bed, I quickly went downstairs to eat breakfast. I went into the food closet and got Cocoa Puffs. They're personally my favorite cereal and I eat them all the time.

When breakfast was done I proceeded to the bathroom to brush my teeth. after that, I went to my room to change out of my pjs and change into my outfit. Once I was dressed, I went to my vanity table in my room and sat down to do my makeup and put jewelry on. I put on some black eyeliner and winged it a little bit. on top of the eyeliner, I put some purple sparkles. I then proceeded to do my mascara. I put it on and blinked a few times to make sure it dried. I didn't need much; I was thankful to be born with long and thick lashes. Lastly, I dabbed on some light pink lipstick and put lip gloss over it to give my now light pink lips some shine to them.

I ran downstairs, my school bag barely on my shoulders, and got my black Uggs. I've had them for a while and they're super comfortable. I made my way to the car. My mom was already waiting in it.

She dropped me off at school right on time. I got out and started walking to the "welcoming" entrance. I'm not very known in school still so some guys whistled at me. I cringed at the though of them watching me walk into school. I was glad when I found Ashton near my locker talking to one of his friends. He's my safety and protector.

"Hey baby." My heart melted at that. He's never called me that yet and it was so cute how his Australian accent made just one word sound so new to me. He leaned down and gave me a quick peck. Sometimes I wonder if his neck hurts from leaning down to kiss me, I'm about 5'6" while he's a good 6'0".

"Hey Ashton" he smiled. I could tell he was checking me out. I know he does this but I still blush every time.

"You look beautiful today, I mean... n-not that you don't look beautiful all the time.... Because you do.." He looked down at his feet, something he does when he thinks he said or did something bad. Oddly, it's one of the reasons I'm attracted to him.

"Ashton shut up and look at me." He looked up at me, meeting my eyes. He smiled and I giggled. "I know what you mean, it's fine." I leaned up and kissed him. He smiled through the kiss

"Oh I almost forgot. Maddie, this is Calum Hood. He's one of my best friends, you two should get along" I looked up at a smiling Calum. He was taller than Ashton by one or two inches and had green eyes. His hair was messily quiffed in a sexy way (creds to @luvbuglucas) with blond streaks. He seemed nice, someone I wanted to be friends with.

"Hi Calum, nice to meet you"

"Hi Maddie, Ashton's talked a lot about you." He smirked at a blushing Ashton. I blushed a little too, not going to lie. I always do that when someone mentions Ashton talking about me. "We should get going to class, We can get to know each other at lunch. Nice meeting you."

"Nice meeting you too Calum, you seem nice" He grinned and walked off. Hopefully that made his day.

Ashton took my hand and walked me to my class. His class was next door to mine so it wasn't a bother for him. He gave me a quick peck before parting and walking to class. I walked in to English and sat down in my seat next to V. We said our greetings before silencing and listening to the teacher. I started to space out and think about my current situation. I couldn't help but think that things are actually normal. It was a good feeling.

I noticed that Michael kept staring at me, or attempting to. I caught him a lot and every time he would just look away or pretend he was looking at something else. I found it strange but ignored it.

_______________________________________

Lunch came around and I was seated with Ashton, V, Calum, and the other one. I was talking to Calum and learning about him. He told me that unlike his looks, he's not actually Asian. He's kiwi and Scottish. I also found out that he likes brunette's rather than blondes. The one thing that surprised me though, is that his favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. That's where we are now.

"Oh. My. Gosh! That's your favorite ice cream!" Everybody knows that cookies and cream is better.

"Yes, it is actually, and I take pride in that thank you very much." This started a little game between us that I can tell we both have the idea of; secret taste test.

"I'm sorry but who are you? I can't know you if that's your favorite ice cream." I laughed at his smile. He's definitely one of a kind.

"I, am Calum Hood, the greatest person ever and your new best friend." Well, looks like my life just got better.

*A/N* Hey!

Hope you're all enjoying the book so far! Don't forget to be active readers and please vote and comment

~Xx Liz