11. Pre-party.1

It was a beautiful Friday morning in October, Halloween morning to be exact. We were able to wear a costume to school today. Nothing over the top, just a hat or a simple outfit. I didn't want to dress up but Ashton insisted on both of us dressing up for school; he wanted us to be "in the spirit of Halloween."

I had bought a cat ear headband for today. It's so unoriginal, I know. Everybody goes as a cat, but I couldn't think of anything else so I did something simple. Ashton said he was going as a goth. Nothing amazing, but he said he would really look the part.

I was currently dressed in a black fitted tank top with the word "meow" written in white. I had black leggings with my black two inch heels. They weren't that high, but they were still something. I had long black gloves that had long black claws on the end of the fingers. I finished this look off with the makeup. I winged my eyeliner and put on some Maybelline Full' N Soft mascara. It's supposed to make my lashes really long and thick. I put some black eyeliner on my nose and cheeks to add the cat nose and whiskers. Lastly, I put on dark red lipstick to my lips to give my look some color. I went to look at the mirror, I smiled at my success of looking like a cat.

I made my way to my door to get my bag. Ashton always picks me up for school now so I usually wait for a honk from his car. I heard it soon after going downstairs. When I got to his car, all I saw was his luscious and silky brown hair now full blue. It was a dark midnight blue that stood out against the blaring sun. I got into his car and was greeted with a kiss to the cheek. He knew better than to kiss me when I had lipstick on. For his sake, and mine.

When we got out of the car I noticed that he had fake piercings on his ear and he had dark clothing on. They were mostly black with a few white words or little splashes of color.

"You look more punk rock then goth." I laughed. He just playfully rolled his eyes and continued to make his way to the school, our hands locked together. I spotted V by my locker. She usually waits there for me when she gets here early. She was dressed up as

(Breeze fucked Ashton and Michael at the same time and I was sad so I fucked Luke and we had rainbow alien babies who were attracted to Calum and then had babies with him- breeze (ignore)) a devil. She had a red long sleeve sweater with black leggings. She had a headband similar to mine except hers had devil horns. Her hair was up in a high pony and she was wearing a little bit of eyeliner and had bright red lipstick on. She had her black boots on.

As we were talking, Calum came over to Ashton and V instantly grew quiet. Her mood changed in an instant and I gave her a questioning look but didn't push it any further.

"Maddie, we have to go do that thing.... You know.... The thing.." She looked down at the ground and dragged me with her as she walked down the hallways rather quickly. I knew she didn't want to be near Calum. We stopped in the girls bathroom.

"V, you have to tell Ashton about this. He might be able to help, he's friends with Calum."

"I know, I don't know if I can trust him though. I mean I know you trust him and I should too but not about this. Maybe I will in the future." She grew quieter about this every time she talked. I wanted to push her on with this and get her to open up to Ashton but I knew that if I was in her place I wouldn't want someone pushing me about this.

"Okay, I understand. We have to get to class though, we don't want to be late." We walked out of the bathroom and walked to class. I got there just as the bell rang. I sat down in my seat and wondered if Michael would show up today for Halloween. He didn't.

---------------------

Lunch came around and I was seated with Ashton, V, and Calum. We were all talking when Haley decided to show up and join us. She saw how uncomfortable I was with her here, she smirked.

"So Ashton." She purred. "I'm having a little halloween party tonight and I want you to come. Bring your..... Friends if you have to. See you tonight." She winked at him and walked off to her little group of sluts. I know I should've probably said something to show her that I'm actually dating him and she can't flirt with him but I stayed quiet. I watched her walk away with amusement in her eyes. I turned to V and she saw my discomfort. We never thought this stuff actually happens in real life, we thought it was all just movies.

She pulled me up and into the bathroom. Ashton was calling for us but she didn't let me turn back.

"Maddie." She called my name but I didn't answer. "Nothing is going to happen. He's with you and I can tell that he won't hurt you. I know you're probably upset that he didn't say anything," I was upset. "But he probably didn't know what to say. Haley walked right to him and right back to her group in less than a minute, there was nothing he could do or say. Don't be dramatic about this." I would've defended myself and told her that I wasn't being dramatic but, truth is, I was.

We walked back out as if nothing happened. We both had smiles on our faces. I went up to the table, turned to look at Ashton, and kissed him. He was a little shocked at what happened since I was upset before but he soon realized and kissed me back. At that little moment, I temporarily forgot where I was.

When I pulled away Ashton had lipstick on him from me.

"Ashton, you got a little something over here," I pointed to my general lip area and he understood. He got up and ran to the bathroom to remove the lipstick.

"So, How are you today Calum?" I was still laughing from Ashton but I wanted to make conversation.

"I'm good, are we actually going to go to the party? It seems like it could be fun. I haven't been to a halloween party since last year." I rolled my eyes at his attempt of a funny joke.

"I guess we could. It'll be my first party since I moved to Sydney. I know exactly what I can wear too, Ashton will love it."

----------

School ended and I went back home to get ready. Ashton dropped me off at my door. He really didn't need to though, seeing as how I live next door to him, but It was a sweet offer. We decided on going to the party with matching costumes. As cliche as it is, I'm going as a nurse and he's going as a doctor. The only different is, it's a competition to see who will look hotter.

*A/N* Hello everybody. I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. My school schedule changed and now it's harder for me to find a time to write something. I try to at home but sometimes I just don't bring myself around to it. I will try to update sooner but I can't promise anything. Winter break is coming up so that might give me some time.

~Xx Liz