5. Losing hope, again

Corinna's P.O.V:

For a second there, the first day I met Stephano. He had uttered a couple of words. "We don't treat women and children like this." For a fucking second there, I had hoped for a better life. A small sparkle inside my heart had lit up, hope. I thought that maybe, just maybe, they were different.

Maybe, it was only my father and his men that had fucked me up too much. Maybe, if I just listened and understood Stephano and the guys then I would realize that not everyone was like my pathetic father.

But no.

As I sat down on the cold cement floor with the same baby blue ribbed comfy clothes, split lip, and hands chained to the cement wall, I lost that little sparkle of hope that had tried to burn up in my so-called heart.

"Sei cosi sciocco (You're such a fool)." I heard my father's words ring in my head. His voice forever haunting me.

I looked up at the two men in front of me, they had switched from pouring ice cold water on me and then burning hot water.

They left me drenched in the icy cold water, shivering. And then when I couldn't feel any part of my body they would pour the boiling hot water over me.

Dante and Vito wanted me to make a sound, cry, scream, whimper or at least show any emotion. But I had already gone through the worst of worst with my father. He had trained me exactly for this. To never give in and give the enemy the information they needed. Even if it caused my death. In this situation, I could get out of the chains and knock them out anytime. But I choose not to. Maybe because the hope inside of me still hadn't died or maybe my father's voice ringing in my head actually was true. Maybe I really was a fool.

My body kept changing colors from blue to red, red to blue.

Dante and Vito started off my torture with the easy methods, just in case I was easy to break.

"It's not enough. She won't even make any eye contact with us let alone acknowledge that we're here. We need to step it up a bit." Vito growled lowly, glaring at me. I just smirked and shrugged back.

Step it up, boy. I have taken far worse than this.

"I don't fucking like to step it up when we're not even sure if she's a threat." Dante spat harshly as he glared at Vito.

I'm a fucking threat, alright.

"Did you see her damn ninja moves up there, her hands flew up before her eyes even saw the chopsticks fly towards her. Damn you. This bitch must be an assassin hired to cut off our dicks while we're asleep and then choke us with it." Vito whispered to Dante who widened his eyes in horror at Vito's words, then his horrified facial expression turned into a mocking smirk.

" Vito whispered to Dante who widened his eyes in horror at Vito's words, then his horrified facial expression turned into a mocking smirk