22. Teach me

Corinna's P.O.V:
A couple of days had gone by since I came clean about my last secret. Stephano had adjusted to the suddenly bigger family really fast.

He put the members in categories. Some of the people went into the ones who wanted to be part of the family but only when they really were needed category.

Some of them choose to be hitmen, some deal with our transports and others choose to deal with other things.

In the end, I transported my belongings from my mansion, like all my cars, motorcycles, and other important things. Stephano asked me if we could keep my mansion as a hideout if we ever needed it since it's so well hidden and deep into the forest. I told him that I, of course, didn't mind. Since I was going to be living here from now on, my mansion would be left empty.

And since that day Dante, Vito and Stephano have been busy with making this big change work. So I was left alone and really bored.

In a way this big change made me and Stephano become a little bit closer since we both have to use our brains and figure all of this out together.

I started to work out with the other's a couple of days ago and I work at the garage sometimes when they need my help. Other days I helped Stephano out with bigger business deals and some of the decisions we had to make.

Nightmares still hit me at full force when I fell asleep and I would always wake up by either Stephano or Dante holding me closely and whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

Diavolo called once or twice a month to make sure everything was okay. He had kept the promise of keeping the peace between the different lands and gangs. But something told me that he had other things that worried him. Every time I asked him about it, he told me not to worry about it and that he had it under control.

Something also told me that the thing he worried about was actually a someone and that someone was named Athena Morte.

Vito was balancing life with us and his love life very well. I don't know how he does it, but he does it well. He spent most of his time at Diavolo's place, spending all his spare time with Elladia. But when he was needed here, he would always come and help out.

I sang softly to the song wrecking ball as I looked out the window. I wasn't really whole and the hole in my heart still hadn't been filled up. But it seemed like some days were better than the others.

When I didn't think about Dany my whole world was grey. And when I did think about him my whole world was black. I just couldn't win no matter what.

I took out the photo from one of the boxes that I got from my mansion and stared at the chubby baby blue-eyed kid. He was smiling widely with a bald blue-eyed me. I smiled softly at the photograph. Inspecting every inch of it. I asked my father's guards if they knew anything about the night my father killed Dany. But the problem was that even if they were his men at the time, he only trusted the ones who helped him destroy me. When that day happened he had sent all the other guards on missions. So no one knew if he actually killed Dany or not, except the dead guard who told me that Dany was still alive. And even if I had this feeling inside of me that Dany was much closer than I thought. I still wasn't ready for that feeling to be true. Because if it was then everyone close to me would be liars. I put the photograph under my pillow as I decided that I should help the guys out.

I went out of my room and headed towards Stephano's office. I knocked three times until I heard a come in and in I fucking walked.

"I was just wondering if you need any help with anything?" I asked Stephano softly. Vito and Dante were nowhere to be seen.