Famous last words

Rewritten: September 9 2024

It's been a full week since hazels latest fling joined us in the house. I think I would have preferred him to be a serial killer. At least the clean up after themselves.

My eye twitched as I unlocked and opened my door to be met with Damian huffing at a bong. "You can't be serious" I say slamming the door behind me. Glaring at the snake eyes man who blew smoke out. "No smoking in my goddamn house, let alone on my brand new couch" I hiss shooting daggers his way. "Heyy why did you close the do-, oh never mind" Hazel said opening the door behind me and placing her hands on my back. "Let's relax let's go to the kitchen" she hummed in my ear pushing me towards the kitchen opening.

"I can handle a lot of bullshit" I started to say and Hazel started putting the food away. "That's something I cannot handle, he's jobless, he eats our food, he's fucking smoking in my goddamn house" I sat there for a moment before storming back into the living room flipping up the couch cushions. "I knew I felt burn marks" I smelled smoke but the was always stuff in the ashtray but when I was cleaning I thought I felt a little hole.

"Get a fucking job, or get up off your lazy ass and clean your goddamn dishes" I say taking the bong out of the skinny hands of that man. "Jezz, chill out don't be such a bitch" he says look at me with a wide smile. My eye twitched as Hazel grabbed my arm pulling me backwards. " don't hit him I don't want to bail you out today"

"This is bullshit"  I say being pushed toward to the kitchen opening. "I can't stand that man"  I said. "I know, he's not even a good lay. I just feel bad kicking him out with no where to go. Look I'll talk to him. Why don't you lay down take a nap." Hazel hummed hugging me. "Yeah I think I'll do that." I say rubbing my forehead making my way upstairs.

"I don't like that kid he's so disrespectful" my father says. "I know but Hazel cleans up after him and she care about people" I say opening up the door to my bedroom. "It still wrong" he replies to me following along. "You know" my mother replies. "We got a flyer for this guy beetleguse, I think he can help us" she says pulling out a flyer from her dress pocket.

"Troubled by the living?" I question as if on que the tv on my dresser turned on by itself.

"Have the living got you down"  a man that seemed to be in his late fifties wearing cowboy get up riding a fake cow says. "Are they jacking you around" the man says rather happily. "Have you broken out in hives? Cause you're tired of their hive? I will drive them from your hive" he says. I go to yank the plug for the tv just to listen to silence.

"Jesus is that the guy" I ask looking at the tv. "We were told not to contact him but we've tired scaring the kid." Dad cuts in looking at the blank screen. "I mean he making me want to leave, god he was annoying" I say stepping back. "He's in the attic in our little neighborhood" mom says looking at me. I sigh looking down at my hands "let's try it, what dose it hurt" I say making my way out of the door and up to the attic.