The World

"and when I'm with you,"

London.

"Yes Joe! Finally!" said Dianne jumping around and waving her arms in the air. It was around six o'clock on Thursday afternoon and Joe had finally gotten the hang of the waltz. Their last two runs had been technically sound and he even smiled once or twice. Dianne had to work extremely hard in this number to keep her expressions somewhat neutral and not convey her true feelings for him. But when Joe was getting it right, and all she could see were his piercing blue eyes and that stupid long attractive neck...

"Er Di? You okay?" asked Joe snapping Dianne out of her daydream. 

"Oh yeah, I'm good. That last run was great though, you've earned yourself some dinner," she said walking to get her coat.

"That made it sound like you wouldn't have let me eat if I'd done it wrong," laughed Joe picking up his bag. 

"Hm, don't tempt me Joseph," she said with a twinkle in her eye. "Marks and Spencer?" she asked, casually leaning against the door. 

"You know me too well. I'd quite like a pasta salad," he said turning the light off in the studio and walking outside with Dianne.

"Ooh, I wouldn't. I don't like pasta," said Dianne nonchalantly.

"What?" said Joe in shock. "But you're half Italian, how does that work?"

She giggled at his confusion. "I don't know,"

"You're one strange woman Miss Buswell," said Joe shaking his head.

//

It was the next day and the day that Joe always dreaded the most. He didn't know why camera blocking freaked him out more than the actual show, but he was absolutely bricking it. Even though he had started to get the hang of it towards the end of yesterday evening, he was still incredibly nervous. The thought of the meal that he had shared with Dianne on the floor of the rehearsal space made him smile. Who would have thought that an M&S meal deal and a redheaded professional ballroom dancer could make him so happy.

But he was also relieved because Dianne had gotten back to her usual self after having a few down days after her break up. Luckily, the press hadn't got wind of it just yet but Joe was just so happy that she was happy again. He had been so worried about her not eating and bottling up her emotions too much. 

It was quiet when he arrived in the lounge for all the celebrities to convene before the show. Stacey and Ashley were the only ones present having a natter on the big white sofa. They looked up and smiled when they saw him.

"Morning Joe!" greeted Stacey. "Do you want a cuppa?"

"Go on then," he said sitting on the couch. He asked Ashley how her dance was going this week and soon fell into easy conversation with the two ladies. Aside from his incredibly close connection with Dianne, Joe had been lucky to form other friendships that he could see lasting. He was laughing at something Stacey said before his attention was caught by somebody walking in. 

It was Dianne in her pro costume for this week. It was a red and black tight dress with tassels hanging from the bodice. Joe gulped. She looked gorgeous. 

"Hey guys!" she greeted them warmly. 

"Lady Di, you look great!" said Stacey.

"So hot!" agreed Ashley, smiling. All three women looked at Joe.

"Er yeah, you look, er wow," stuttered Joe. He internally cursed himself for coming across so weird. Why couldn't he just act normal for once? He missed the knowing glance that passed between Ashley and Stacey and the blush that had risen to Dianne's cheeks.