Finally

"let's go on dreaming,"

London.

"I can't go on anymore!" said Dianne, dramatically flopping herself down on the sofa in the corner of the rehearsal space. "I'm sorry Joseph, you'll have to ask Amy to dance with you on Saturday because my feet have suffered intensely,"

Joe smiled at his partner before sitting down next to her on the couch with a cold bottle of water. He put an arm around her and she immediately adjusted her position and snuggled into his side. It was late and hardly anybody remained in the building so Joe didn't feel any anxiety about being caught.

"What are you thinking about?" asked Dianne, tracing patterns on his chest.

"I just can't wait until we don't have to hide anymore," confessed Joe. "I hate not being able to hold your hand and having to act as though I'm not in-" Joe stopped himself. "As though we're not what we are,"

Dianne, ignoring what Joe had refrained from saying, agreed. "It's so hard with the girls. They constantly tease me about you and I have to act like we're just friends. I can't believe out of everyone only Giovanni knows about us!" 

Joe laughed. "I guess it wasn't that subtle for you to sneak into my room at Blackpool,"

They stayed like that, relaxing for a little while. Dianne was content in Joe's arms, she had never felt more safe or loved than when he was holding her close. She could tell how he felt and was itching for him to say it to her because she knew that her heart felt the same. However, Dianne understood that this was all very new to him and would never rush him into saying anything too early. 

With a heavy sigh, Dianne wriggled out of Joe's grasp and pulled him upright with her. "Come on Joseph, we need to get these dances perfect for Saturday!"

//

Elstree Studios.

Joe felt a heavy ache in his heart. He couldn't quite believe that he was walking through these corridors for one of the last times. Memories rushed through his brain with every new part of the building that he saw. Dianne laughing in the make up chair, Dianne stretching before the group dances, Dianne squeezing his hand on the stairs before they went live. 

He wouldn't miss her, because he knew it was just the beginning for them. They were to start a new journey and new life together so it wasn't like it was goodbye. Joe would miss the entire cast and crew of Strictly and knew that he had had the experience of a lifetime. He sighed as he opened the door of his dressing room. So many important moments had happened here as well, but all of his sadness leaped out of the window when he saw who was sitting on the floor.

"Look Joe!" said Dianne excitedly, the childlike wonder evident in her brown orbs. "We've got so many good luck cards and presents! And look! My brother and niece and nephew sent a balloon from Australia!"

"Wow that's amazing!" he said, looking at the balloon. She gave him a spontaneous hug, wrapping her arms around his neck. 

"Do you feel nervous?" she whispered.

"A little, but not much," he replied. "Whatever happens out there, I've already won. I made it to the final and more importantly," he lifted her chin up, "I've got you,"

Dianne looked down and smiled and Joe knew she was blushing furiously. He gave her a slow romantic kiss before saying "I've got to head to wardrobe and I think Karen said all the pro girls were getting together in the room,"

They both headed down separate ways, Dianne feeling light-headed and giddy after their conversation. Nothing, she thought, nothing could dispel my good mood.