1

"What?!" You gasped, "H-How do you know this?"

"A man from the mafia told me. Information like this is valuable to them, so I don't think he's lying."

"But... Why would he do such a thing? Weren't the two allies in the past?"

"That's what I'm wondering. But even if I don't get the answer, I'll make sure to get my revenge." He choked up on the last sentence.

The two of you stayed silent for some seconds.

"His body was found washed up in Mexico."

"Are you saying..."

"I'm leaving for Mexico."

"..." You went silent before asking, "When?"

"Tomorrow." Joseph replied.

"I'll go with you."

The teen remained silent, but you can hear his quiet heavy breathing.

"Cool off your head before you leave. Take a walk, go to a diner, I don't know." You suggested.

"Yeah..." He said before hanging up.

Sighing, you placed the phone back down and lean against the table.

Guess I should start packing.

~Timeskip~

With your backpack slinged over your shoulder, you walked to the place where you and Joseph agreed to meet the night before.

A familiar silhouette stood before you, his signature crazy hairstyle and ridiculous build differentiating him from the surrounding people passing by. Your brows furrowed together as you broke into an abrupt sprint, whacking the man in the head with your bag.

"Ouch! What the hell was that- (y/n)!" Joseph exclaimed in surprise whilst rubbing his noggin.

"What were you thinking?!"

"Huh?!"

"I read what happened on the newspaper and saw it on the news! Why the hell did you shoot up a restaurant full of innocent people?!" You interrogated him.

"Wait! Wait! I have a reason!" He defends, holding his hands up.

"You better! And it better be a damn good one, too!" You settled down, your voice growing softer but hostility still present.

Putting his hands back down to his sides, JoJo's expression suddenly turned serious, his tone low. "Straizo found me."

Your eyes widened a bit at this statement, but you stay quiet to let the teen finish.

"Turns out when he saw Dio as a vampire, he wanted to stay youthful as well. So, he used his chance to become a vampire while in Mexico with Speedwagon."

Speedwagon had told you about what happened decades ago between him, Joseph's grandfather, a man named William A. Zeppeli, and the adopted brother of Joseph's grandfather. At first it was hard to believe, but then again, you did possess the ability to manipulate your own Hamon, and surely such thing existed for a reason, right?

"So, what happened?" You questioned, "Did you kill him?"

"Not really. It's more like he killed himself... But before he did, he talked about a man in a pillar, what ever that's supposed to mean." He paused, "He said it was sucking the blood of Speedwagon's team, and because of him, he let the bodies drift away in the river... He says the man is going to awaken soon, and that he will make us question our own existence and evolution."