14

Clenching a fist, Kars silently reminisces his moments with Wamuu before standing.

"Wamuu was too pure a warrior. That purity made him weak!" He proclaims strongly.

"Hey, Wamuu just lost!" One soldier states.

Another scoffs. "What a disappointment."

"That fool was just posturing."

Unable to stand the amount of disrespect spewing from their mouthes, you pull out a yo-yo already charged up with Hamon and immediately dispose of them, the end smashing straight through their heads. As your weapon returns to your hand, you glare down at the rest.

"You make me sick. What? Do you think you can do any better? I'd like to see you try. Don't you dare treat his life as if it has no value. Enemy or not, I won't tolerate any disrespect towards him!" You raise your voice.

Something about you seems to shut them up as they just silently look up at you.

Placing your yo-yo back into a pocket, you sigh, rubbing your temple. "Not even scum like you deserve to be devoured."

"Now only I remain. However..." Kars throws off his turban, revealing his long, curly violet locks. "I alone always stand on top!" 

The other vampires gape in awe.

"Look at Lord Kars! Lord Kars is...!"

"He's ready to fight!"

They cheer.

"But Lord Kars, there's no reason to fight one-on-one!"

"Who needs rules? Let us take them!"

"We'll turn them into sprays of blood!"

The creatures charge at you, Joseph, and Lisa Lisa.

"I thought you'd do this!" The man comments, readying his fists as your coach jumps up. She barely kicks two, knocking then out with ease before showing the necklace.

"I told you!" The woman warns.

"Th-The Red Stone!" One wails.

"It's me against Kars, one-on-one. But if you don't like those terms, I'll just smash it!" She threatens, raising the Stone.

"I'm a man of my word." The purple-haired vampire cuts in, gazing at Lisa Lisa from the side of his eye. "One-on-one. My promise still stands. That's why I revealed my horn to you. As for my underlings' behavior, they're already dead, as you can see." He walks off, (A/n: like the total fucking diva he is), and leaves the said underlings' bodies to be severed. 

"Lord Kars?!" They yelp.

"All I want is that Red Stone. However, Wamuu and Esidisi were my comrades for 10,000 years. I must honor both their deaths and their pride." The Pillar Man halts his walking, "I will fight you Hamon users fairly... And finish this with my own hands. And Lisa Lisa, after seeing you fight, I won't think of you as a woman. I will fight you with all my strength."

Your brows furrow at his statement, and as you three follow Kars, you walk up to Lisa Lisa.

"Are you sure you really want to fight him?" You whisper. The woman raises a brow. "It's not that I'm underestimating you or anything, but Kars is a strong opponent. There's a reason he was the leader of them. I'll go in your place!"

She sighs, facing forward as you continue to walk. "I appreciate your concern, (y/n), but I can handle this. I am your coach, after all."

"Yeah, but..."

"Besides, I don't think he would find any amusement in going against you. He seems to want to use you as a bargaining chip along with the Stone." The lady adds on.

"What?" Turning your head to face Kars, you glare at the back of his head.

"Can I help you?" Said man asks, sensing your intense gaze on him without even looking behind. All four of you are still walking to the arena for the next fight.

Your glare hardens, but is contradicted by a nervous smile on the bottom half of your face. "Wh-Why do you want me? Are you horny or something?"

"Don't be foolish. We still have some unfinished matters to resolve, remember?"

"Cut the crap! I'm not an object for you to just toss around at your leisure!" You exclaim, putting more weight into your footsteps.

"Of course. I wouldn't dare to treat you that way." He agrees with you, causing you to freeze in confusion. 

Lisa Lisa and Joseph walk past you as you stare at their backs, questioning as to how exactly they are so calm about the situation.

"Come. We fight over there." Kars says, leading your trio to a strange-looking monument. "The temple at  Piz Berlina. It's not an arena, but it will add to our fight."

Kars already being up on a platform, your team approaches the temple.

"C-Coach Lisa Lisa, you may be strong, but you're still a woman. He looks weaker than Wamuu. I'll take him!" JoJo volunteers.

"Are you crazy? This is Kars! The ringleader! If anyone is going to take him on, it's me!" You object.

"The two of you won't." Your coach stops the you both whilst taking off her coat. "I haven't lived so that a couple of striplings have to stand up for me."

"You're 50, all right!"

You quickly turn your head at this comment, giving JoJo a questioning gaze while Lisa Lisa jumps up to where Kars is.

"I will use my Brilliant Bone Blade. I would offend Wamuu if I didn't offer you a weapon. Take your pick." He states, presenting her a pile of weapons.

The woman kicks them all over the edge, holding up her scarf. "My scarf will suffice."

"I see." He mutters, bringing one of his blades to his mouth and licking it with a smirk. "Then, let's fight."

The vampire takes a stance, but something about it is off. There's no violence or any sign of aggression coming from him. You squint your eyes to try and get a better look.

"What's wrong? Not coming?" He asks, "Then I'll have to make a move!"

A flash of light glows from Kars' blades, blinding anyone and everyone in sight. Once the light dies down and you were able to open your eyes, he was gone.

Your eyes widen.

"Kars disappeared with that light!" Joseph exclaimed, "Wh-Where is he?!"

Eyes darting everywhere, you search for the missing Pillar Man, when you notice an arm emerge from one of the cracks. 

"Behind you, Coach Lisa Lisa!" You shout in hopes to warn her. 

"Snake Muffler!" The woman immediately fills her scarf with Hamon, leaping and flipping behind her opponent. "This Satiporoja beetle scarf is a perfect Hamon conductor. It is a weapon and a life-detector! It even picks up attacks from behind!" She delivers a solid kick to the man's head, causing him to cry out and on his back.

"S-She did it!" The brunette beside you cheers, "That's my coach! Wonderful! He didn't compare to Wamuu, but barkers seldom bite!"

Brows knotted together, you keep on gazing up there. "No... No, this can't be right. He shouldn't have died so easily... The Kars I know is much stronger than that! Something's wrong! Coach!"

But your message is too late. Just as you had feared, one of Kars' Brilliant Bone Blades stabs into Lisa Lisa's abdomen, this time, coming from the real Kars. 

"L-Lord Kars!" The double wails.

You hiss, "I should have known something like this was going to happen...!"

"What the hell is going on?!" JoJo yells.

"No wonder I couldn't sense any aggression from him! Kars wasn't the one fighting! It was a double!" You narrate, Kars retracting his blade from the woman.

"How utterly stupid." He smirked, looking over his shoulder. "Why would I fight you one-on-one? All I want is the Red Stone and (y/n).  My goal is to be the ultimate life form. I am not a warrior like Wamuu, nor am I a romantic. No matter what the method, in the end... Victory is all that matters!"