17

"Kars, I'm not going down without a fight! You're going with me into that volcano!" JoJo cries out as he rams the head of the plane into Kars.

Regaining your balance, you stumble to the front, grasping the back of the seat. It's hard for you to see, as smoke is being blown in your direction, but you're just barely able to make out the feathers disappearing from Kars.

"JoJo!" You warn.

"Did you really think I couldn't get away before you hit the ground?"

"Kars!" He gasps.

"You're dying alone, JoJo!" Kars cackles, but before he could make his escape, something pins his neck down onto the plane. "W-What the...?!"

The three of you look to the side to see where the hand had come from.

"Kars, this plane will be your coffin." Stroheim says with a smoking arm.

"You!" The being growls.

"Von Stroheim! How and when did you get there?!" Joseph questions with glee.

He chuckles. "I wasn't sure the two of you could handle it alone! It was cold in this pontoon!"

"But you came." The nineteen-year-old laughs.

"But it's time to jump, JoJo! (Y/n)!"

"What do you mean, 'jump?' We don't even have parachutes!" You exclaim as the plane continues to descend.

"Listen to me and jump out of the plane!"

Clenching your jaw, you grab Joseph by the arm and jump along with the German, managing to not die once you landed.

"Kars... Did Kars take a lava dive?!" Stroheim yells, looking into the pit of lava.

Then, something explodes within the pool of molten rock, sending some your way. The three of you jump back, and watch as Kars surfaces, struggling to escape.

"You... Worms..." He gurgles.

"We got him!" JoJo pumps a fist.

Kars' body slowly forms some type of shell or armor around him as he attempts to escape the volcano. But the lava is too hot, as it melts the protection right off and catches him on fire.

"It's not enough!"

"It's melted rock, idiot! It's over 1000 degrees! You're gonna burn into a crisp!" Your friend yells, standing up.

You watch as Kars is enveloped in fire, his skin being burnt right off. In his cries of agony, he makes eye contact with you, and reaches an arm out in your direction.

This strikes something within you as your eyes widen. All of a sudden, you feel guilty.

'Why? He killed everyone and wants to rule the world!'

He then explodes, sinking into the lava.

You knew these feelings were wrong, but why now? Out of all times, why do you suddenly feel remorse now? It felt as if you were letting an old friend die, and watching them go straight to their doom.

"Finally! We finally took down Kars!" Joseph raises a fist in victory, laughing. But his moment of celebration is interrupted by a tremor in the ground.

The three of you freeze at the sudden jolt.

"JoJo, that shock triggered an eruption! Let's get to safety before celebrating!" Stroheim orders.

The brunett walks up to him, agreeing. "Good idea. Hang on tight!" He picks him up, before turning to look at you, noticing your troubled expression. "What's wrong, (y/n)?"