1 - Tipping Point

Everything feels like it was such a long time ago. Jennifer, the Alpha pack, Deucalion. But it was really only a few months ago. Everything has been pretty much perfect. This is our new equilibrium. Scott actually did take me on a date and it was amazing. He had clearly put time and effort into it. I dyed my hair platinum, but I put a purple tint over the top as I'm not sure I'm fully ready to abandon the purple. Allison, Lydia and I have been hanging out so much more and I'd consider them my closest friends now. Isaac, is crushing on Allison. Hard. He's my best friend, we've been giving each other a lot of relationship advice lately. Everything has just been so... well, perfect. But, as I've learnt from reading, I know it isn't going to stay this way so I'm sure as hell going to love it whilst I have it.

"Scott?" I asked, knocking on his bedroom door. We're supposed to be going to school together, but at this rate, we'd arrived next week. I went in and closed the door behind me to see him grabbing a physics book and shove it in his bag. He's still in a tight-fit black tank top and boy did it show his muscles.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." He whined and pulled a jacket on over his top. He stopped at the door, looking at his own shadow, then down at his hands, and back to the shadow. "Do you see that?" He asked.

"No, I don't see anything." I told him honestly. I watched as he slowly closed his and, paused, and opened it again. He seemed relieved after doing this, so I assume that the issue was sorted. He grabbed the door handle and swung it open.

"Hey." Isaac spoke from the doorway, making Scott take a step back.

"Oh. Hey." He stuttered slightly. I gave a small wave from behind him.

"Um, are you - are you going to school?" He asked, even though Scott was wearing a backpack and his appearance screamed 'I'm off to school'.

"Yeah." He replied, trying not to push why he asked such a dumbass question.

"Okay, me too." Isaac nodded.

"Good."

"Can I ask you a question?" Isaac asked, clearly anxious. Oh God, I know what he's going to ask and it's going to be awkward as fuck.

"Okay."

"Are you angry at me?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"No."

"What's that- what's that mean?"

"I guess I'm not really sure how I'm feeling." He shrugged.

"Okay." Isaac whispered, "Do you hate me?"

"No, of - of course not."

"Do you wanna hit me?"

"No."

"I think you should hit me."

"I don't wanna hit you." God, this is so much more awkward than I'd anticipated.

"Wait!" I spoke up, "I'm going to go and wait downstairs so I don't have to witness this." I scooched past Isaac and went straight downstairs. Mrs McCall was in the kitchen with her cuppa coffee. "Hey, Mama McCall."

"Hey, JJ. Where's Scott?" She asked me curiously, leaning over the kitchen island to look at me.

"He's upstairs, talking to Isaac about Allison and I felt awkward so I came down here to keep you company," I told her, she seemed to nod in agreement. She excused herself and went upstairs, just as I heard a thud.

"Hey! You two supernatural teenage boys. Don't test my entirely un-supernatural level of patience." I heard her tell them. I stifled a laugh.

Scott came downstairs after around five minutes. I looked up at him.