4 - Haywire

"She'll wake up any minute. Ohhhhh God, what if she's dead? No. She's not dead. Keep it together."

I tried to stir, but I couldn't move. I felt paralyzed.

My eyes shot open, but instantly shut. The light burnt them. I open my mouth and inhaled sharply and a shiver ran down my spine. I wriggled about, trying to free myself from something wrapped tightly around me.

"JJ? JJ! JJ. It's me, it's Lydia." It was spoken softly. I peeled my eyes open again and peered at her. I looked down to my body to find it wrapped compactly in several blankets. "Oh, sorry about that. You were as cold as ice, I didn't know what else to do."

"Where's Scott?" I croaked out, my voice breaking halfway through.

"He's at the police station with Stiles and Kira. That mass murderer tried to kill her. I found you collapsed not so far from her house. Scott and Stiles saved her and I brought you here." She explained. Glad to know I'm Scott's Number One. He chose to save Kira over me. Great. Not even my boyfriend cared enough to save me. "Do you remember what happened."

And it hit me like a truck.

I got halfway down the pitch-black street before I stopped. I could've sworn I just saw something move.

"JJ?"

It looked like a cloak.

It seemed to be everywhere

"JJ?"

Then, it was right in front of me.

Its face, It looked like a werewolf Halloween costume mask but metallic. It wore a hood but armour covered the rest of it. And its eyes... its eyes glowed like fireflies.

"JJ?"

Then it was just a cold, black abyss.

"JJ!" My wide eyes snapped up to meet hers. She looked just as worried as me.

I jumped up out of the blankets, having to shake some off of me as I moved away from Lydia's couch.

I shot out of the door.

Sprinting down the dimly lit streets, forcing my way through small pathways and almost toppling over pavements. I must've run for around twenty minutes before pounding on the door.

It shot open.

I wasted no time throwing my arms around the person behind it.

"Jas? Are you okay?" My mum's sweet voice sounded in my ears. I nodded hurriedly into her shoulder and held back my tears. "Me, your dad, Jordan and Reece are about to start a movie, do you want to join us?" She pushed me gently out of the crook of her neck.

"Yeah. Yeah, that'd be great. I'm sorry for being gone for so long, I just... it's complicated." I told her before entering the house.

"It's okay. I get it. You're a teenager, you have friends and a boyfriend. It was bound to happen." She gave me a little smile.

"Thanks, mum," I said to her. She raised an eyebrow but moved to let me into the house. I walked past her, a tight-lipped smile on my lips. "Is the kid in bed?"

"Not yet, why? Do you want to tuck her in?" I nodded at her and she gestured for me to walk in further. I walked into the living room to be greeted by the familiar sound of arguing between Jordan and Reece. Joran was stretched out along the sofa wearing only jogging bottoms with his hand down them, whereas Reece was wearing her my crop-top from Primark and her Jack Wills joggers. Dad was sat at the computer desk typing, and his typing only sped up when he saw mum in the doorway.