2 - Coyote

"Here's where we found the den." Stiles pointed out to me and Allison on his tablet. "It's right in the middle of the hiking trails."

"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails." I told them pointing to the train on the map.

"I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes." Allison said to them.

"Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles asked.

"They tip-toe," Allison confirmed. The bell rang, "I gotta go, but send me the pinned location." She ran out of the class.

"Okay," Stiles replied and took a seat on the far side of the class.

"Hi. I'm Kira." She announced, appearing out of know where. "You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you again." Scott gave her a small smile. "Anyway, I have something for you."

"For me?" Scott asked. I took a seat in the class. Kira definitely likes Scott and it's making me a tad bit jealous. Although I might just be seeing patterns that aren't there.

"Yeah. About the Bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you." She continued to search her bag. Scott chuckled and scratched his neck. Yes chuckled and I am very very very jealous. I can't tell if he's being nice now or if he's interested in her too.

"Ah- you didn't have to do that." He told her.

"It only took a couple hours." She brushed off.

"Wow. Then you really didn't have to do that."

"I swear I printed it out."

"Kira. You forgot all the research you did for that boy you like." Her dad announced, walking into the classroom. He took the pages out of his hands and hesitantly turned back. Scott's mouth was dangling open, but he closed it quickly and turned it into a smile and sat at the desk in front of me.

"All right, everyone. Let's get started." Mr Yukimura announced, "We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail... Who would like to come up and read-aloud for us?" There was silence. "Mr Stilinski, how about you?" He asked Stiles. I sprung into action. My hand flew up into the air.

"Sir, could I read?" I asked politely, trying to save Stiles from embarrassment.

"Maybe next time, Ms Meilani. I've asked Stiles today." He rejected, I gave Stiles a sympathetic smile and shrugged a little. Stiles walked up to the front of the class and walked over to the podium. Stiles gripped the podium tightly and squinted at the writing, clearly struggling to read it. He began breathing heavily and looked up over the class. Scott and I both stood at the same time and made our way over to him.

"I should take him to the nurse's office," Scott told Mr Yukimura, who just nodded. I went back to the desks, packed up mine and Scott's stuff and grabbed the bags. I made sure to grab Stiles' on the way out as well when I started to follow them out of the class.

"Just Scott, Ms Meilani." Mr Yukimura spoke up, I turned and gave him an are you serious look.

"Are you kidding me? He's having a panic attack and you won't let me go?" I half-shouted at him.

"No, I'm not kidding. Sit down before I give you lunchtime detention." He replied sternly.

So I sat there. For an hour. Doing nothing. In silence. It felt like years before the bell rang. I was first out of my seat.