Chapter 18

Peter walked back into the alleyway and started packing up, pissed off because he blew it with tren, not knowing that he's been taken by charlie. Ember woked up rubbing her eyes, "...huh? Peter what are you doing?" Ember asked stretching her arms out, "I'm going home..." Peter said not taking a quick glance at ember, "wait what?!! What about tren?!" Ember yelled grabbing Peter's bag, "who cares??! I miss my aunt!! I miss my home!! ...i-if tren wants to keep on going...that's fine!! He doesn't need us anyways!!" Peter said grabbing his bag and storming off, "p-peter?! C'mon dude!! He probably got mad because you wanted to go home!! He wouldn't be like that!!" Ember said grabbing Peter's arm, peter pulled his arm away, and sighed, "...I....I miss home....but i love tren....I don't know witch to choose from...home? ...or tren?" Peter said with his head down, "...Pete...he probably still loves you...okay? ...he would never...no offense..never survive without us...and look...I know his grandmother got killed...his bitch grandmother got killed and misses her...that's fine! ..but running away? ...that's...c'mon...let's go get tren..and get outta here..." Ember said putting her hand on Peter's shoulder, "...yeah...let's go get tren..." Peter said, with a tad bit of confidence, "p-peter?!!" Called a familiar voice from down the alley, "AUNTY?!!!" Peter quickly turned around and saw johnna, obviously in tears because she found him, fredrick followed her, and smiled a bit as johnna and peter hugged tightly, "thank christ your okay!! Why did you run off?" Johnna said kissing Peter's forehead, "...I....I'm sorry...erm...y'know that coyote kid...r-right?" He said hesitantly, "..yeah? ..what's up?" She said with her arms crossed, "..m-me and him...we...we're together..." Peter said with a tiny blush, "oh my sweet Lord that's adorable!!! I'm so proud of you!! But back to the question...why did you run off?" She said hugging peter, but then looking st him in the eyes with her hands on his shoulders, "...his grandmother...she's not nice....and..she was killed....by..by a monster.." peter said with his head down, "...a..a monster? ..what do you mean?"  Fredrick came up and sat on one knee right in front of peter, "...alright...listen buddy...yeah..there's something killin' these people..and eating them...what's his name? ...officer connie told me that you and her talked..." He said with a stern look, "...y-yeah...it's not a person eating these people....it's something called a Wendigo...a supernatural cannibal..." Peter said a bit worried, "...yeah...I know what they are...." Fredrick said as he got up from his knee, "...alright...where's your coyote friend now?" Fredrick said looking around, "..we...we don't know...he got angry at peter wanting to go home...and now he's probably somewhere in this town....but where?" Ember said with her hands on her hips, peter sat down and thought for a bit, "...if i was tren where would i be? .....c'mon tren where are you?" Peter thought, he looked behind him and saw a old building, probably built from the late 1800s, he placed his hand on the cold brick wall, and closed his eyes, he then saw a vision. A strange vision, like his spirit traveled out of his body and into the building, he traveled up a broken flight of stares, and was met with a hallway. He then saw a giant shadow of a claw, immediately he knew what that claw belonged to, "that's it ...that's where tren is....h-he got him..." Peter thought, the vision ended and he opened up his eyes, "..he's in here....i knows he is..." He said to the others, "....you think so? ..or you know so?" Fredrick asked, "...I know so...c'mon..let's get in! Tren's life is at cost right now!!" Peter said walking up to an old metal door, blocked off by wooden planks, he and ember started to pull off the planks, peter nodded at ember, who nodded back. Fredrick and johnna were confused, but they started to help aswell, when they were done fredrick pulled out a pistol, and went in front of the group, "...ladies first!" Johnna said with a smug look, "heheh...nah I think a beautiful knockout like you should head on first...heh.." fredrick said smiling, "who ya calling knockout? Ya hot man of the law! Hahahah!!" She said kissing his cheek, peter and ember's eyes widened at what they saw, "..a-aunty? ...are you?" Peter said pointing at the two, "o-oh!! ...heheh...yeah..yeah we are buddy..." She said with a tiny blush, "..awwww...you two are adorable!" Peter said with a smile, fredrick opened the big metal door, and the building was in ruins, support beams on the ground, but three distinct claw marks on the wall, "yep... he's here.." ember said spawning fire in her palms for light, Peter sighed as they walked in, "..hang on tren...we're coming..." Peter said to himself, not knowing that up above watching them on a support beam on the ceiling, was a black crow, with it's eyes glowing a vivid tinted red.