VIII | Sun Of Truth

VIII

S u n O f T r u t h

_\\\\_

Matsuyuki Mashiro's p. o. v

"Besides, Tanjiro and Mashiro have encountered Kibutsuji. Though were separate meetings." Kagaya announced. Everyone's eyes widened, even mine and Tanjiro's as we both didn't know that the other had met Muzan as well.

"No, that should be impossible!" Tengen denied, "Even when no Hashira has ever crossed paths with him? Until Mashiro...! And this kid... So easily... What did he look like? What was his powers? Where did this take place?" Everyone turned to the two of us.

"Did you both fight him?"

Sanemi with his hand still clutched to Tanjiro's hair began to shake him, "What was he doing? Did you find his stronghold? Hey, answer me!"

Tengen intervened, "Shut up! I asked them first! First, tell us what powers Kibutsuji has!"

Kagaya raised a finger and all went silent, "Unarmed, Mashiro met Kibutsuji and fortunately escaped with only a few injuries. But it will be more dangerous for her now that Kibutsuji has seen her true identity."

"True identity?..."

"Unarmed, you say? Why would you make such a blind decision not to take your sword, Matsuyuki!" Sanemi growled lowly to me. I can easily smell the concern dripping off of him, but mostly anger covered it.

"Also, Kibutsuji has sent pursuers after Tanjiro, it may simply be for the purpose to silence him but now that Kibutsuji has given himself away for the first time, I don't want to let go. I also believe that something's happening to Nezuko that Kibutsuji never saw coming." Kagaya explained our encounters with Kibutsuji, though I felt a little unhappy that he was revealing more than he should of, but it was bound to be known soon, "Can you understand?..." Then I smelt the scent of Sanemi's anger towards demons growing greater.

"No, I can't understand, Oyakata-sama." He spoke up, gritting his teeth as he spoke, "If it were human, I'd be okay with letting it live but not a demon! Not after all that we the Demon Slayers have gone through in battle! Not after so many people lost their lives! It's unacceptable."

Sanemi... My eyes averted to the pebbles below me, That is true but we can't let a war between humans and demons go on any longer. If we don't try to navigate where Kibutsuji is then even more sacrifices will be made! I clutched my robes, I really hate demons but what can I do? I harshly bit my lip but remained calm. I couldn't say this right now, not when Sanemi is trying to prove a point that will determine the final decisions of this debate.