Chapter Two

After a few days had passed, I was ready to go to Camp Arceus. Paul once again met up with me in Snowpoint, and we got on the boat with Reggie (who had Li'l Guy following behind him) and Gigi. 

When we got on the boat, Reggie immediately sat down next to Kitty and placed Li'l Guy on his lap, and Paul decided to sit with Gigi. As for where I was going to sit, both Lucy and Gertrude saw me, and both of them wanted me to sit next to them. So I offered a compromise, asking if Lucy could come over and sit where Gertrude and I were sitting, and she did just that.

"Lucy," I said, "this is my cousin Gertrude. Gertrude, this is my friend Lucy."

"Nice to meet you." Gertrude said. Lucy, however, was gazing at Gertrude longingly, like a child gazing into the display window of a toy store, and blushing profusely. I lightly elbowed her to snap her out of it. 

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "N-nice to, uh, meet you too, Gertrude."

After a couple seconds of silence, Lucy asked if she could sit next to Gertrude, so I switched positions with her. Lucy silently contemplated what she was going to say for a minute or so before finally turning towards Gertrude. "S-so, Gertrude, are you, uh, like, uh, into girls? Like, in a romantic way?" she asked.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am a lesbian." Gertrude replied. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, uh, you're, like, really beautiful, and I was, uh, wondering if you, uh, if you wanted to, uh, be my girlfriend?" she sputtered out. "I'm sorry if this is too sudden, considering, like, we literally just met and all, but I was just curious."

"Heck yeah! I'd love to be your girlfriend!" Gertrude said. She hugged Lucy tightly. 

Once we reached Hoenn, several kids got on, but I immediately recognized Terrence. 

"Terrence!" I exclaimed.

"Diane!" he replied. 

The two of us ran up to each other and passionately kissed. However, our passionate moment was cut short.

"Hey, dirtbag, you and your girlfriend are blocking the way!" Lake Pontus (a daughter of Kyogre) said, punching Terrence. 

Terrence turned to me. "Go back to your seat." he said quietly. "I don't want you to get caught in the crossfire." So I did as I was told. 

After that, he turned towards Lake and punched her back. 

"OH, YOU WANNA GO, PRETTY BOY?" Lake said.

"Bring it, you rotten piece of sashimi!" Terrence said, taking off his shirt and throwing it behind him.

The two of them got into an all-out fight, with all the children of Groudon cheering for Terrence and all the children of Kyogre cheering for Lake. The fight went on for at least three minutes. 

"OH, FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS, CALM THE FUG DOWN!" a child of Rayquaza eventually said, breaking up the fight. The two of them sulked back to their seats.

"Is this normal?" Gertrude asked, turning towards me. 

"Yeah, it is. The children of Groudon and the children of Kyogre are genetically predisposed to hating each other. Hatred of Kyogre is literally in Groudon's DNA and vice versa, and that animosity manifests in their children as well. As a result, children of Groudon and children of Kyogre have been known to start fights with each other over literally any inconvenience." I explained.

We passed through several other regions, with Gertrude and I conversing the whole way. Finally, after stopping in every region and picking up all the demi-legendary children that were going to Camp Arceus, the boat sailed back to the island off the coast of Johto on which Camp Arceus was located. 

As we approached the camp, the diamond in my chest began to tingle and glow intensely. To say I was excited would be an understatement. My heart and mind were overflowing with joy and anticipation.

Once we got off, we were, once again, greeted by Vicky. "Hey, guys! Welcome to Camp Arceus!" she said. "My name's Vicky Winston. I call the shots at this here camp." She then opened up the gates, and we all stepped into Camp Arceus.