The Cruise: "I kind of need those, please move!"

Joe's POV

" I can't believe you'll be away for ten days, in the glorious sunshine but I equally can't believe that you would WILLINGLY go away for ten days, on a boat, to dance in the middle of the ocean." shuddering lightly at that thought, I turn my attention back to the wave of red hair currently flowing across my knees, as my girlfriend half-heartedly watches some cartoon we put on earlier. " Oh don't be so dramatic Jospeh, it's not that bad! There are loads of docks so we can explore whatever city we are in, time for ourselves and then of course we have to train, choreograph and then perform so the ten days will fly by!" she states bluntly, rolling over so she can look up at me, offering a small smile as I cup her face and she nuzzles in. With Dianne leaving tomorrow, we have no real plans for today, opting to spend the day in a food coma after the breakfast we ordered, just enjoying each other's company. As stupid and as clingy as it might sound, I'm so reluctant to let Dot move from my grasp today...ten days in a long time, possibly the longest we have spent apart since her Christmas trip to Oz and I know i'm going to miss her like crazy.

"Earth to JOE SUGG?" reality hits again as she waves her hand infront of my face, drawing me from my soppy thoughts. "Shit, Sorry Di, I was off in a world of my own there, what did you say sweetheart?" I mutter sheepishly. " I SAID, do you want anything? I'm getting up to get my laptop so I can try and edit two more videos before I'm stuck with shitty ship WiFi...I might make some tea as w ell." Laughing to her self, she bounces upright and dances away with childlike energy, flicking to switch on the kettle before disappearing upstairs. Shouting after her, I decline before shrinking back against the sofa which seems far too big now she has moved.

Catch a grip Joe, it's only ten bloody days.

You've lived alone before, you will survive.

It's her JOB.

Mental battle over, I'm going to suck it up and enjoy today, there is plenty of time to mope when she isn't here so I need to spend this time together wisely. Dianne heads back towards the sofa, arms filled with multiple items that we probably don't need but she has decided we do; Her laptop, her coffee, Americano, a pack of biscuits, some chocolate and her "YouTube" notebook that I bought her. "I know you aren't feeling the happiest today but I promise, I'll do whatever you need to cheer you up and i'm going to cuddle Americano all day so he smells like me too. Now, spill." pressing a sweet to my forehead, she collapses beside me on the sofa again, taking my hands in hers. "No no, I'm fine! I'll just miss you but that is no excuse to waste a day with you today. Now get comfy, start your laptop and get editing my little YouTube nerd. Come here you." I smirk, pulling her small frame towards me again, determined to make the most of today.

Dianne's POV

"Okay, I think i'm finished with the edits...if I can't get it uploaded, can you do it from here please? Joe? THATCHERJOE!" As I pull out my earphones and glance up at Joe, who is fast asleep with his arms still wrapped tightly around my legs and Americano in the crook of his neck.

My heart MELTS.

He is so bloody CUTE.

Snapping a quick picture, I attempt to wriggle out of his grasp without waking him, pulling one leg at a time but he really has me trapped good and I don't think he is letting go anytime soon...which is really cute until I realise that I'm desperate for a wee; drinking three cups of coffee and a litre of water is not good for the bladder when editing for two hours. "Joseph, Joe my love, can I have my legs back please? I need to move." I try, stroking the hair from his face softly, trying to rouse him. "Joseph? Little one? I really need to get up now, JOE!" I murmur, getting louder each time until his eyelids flutter open. " Noo, stay here Dotty, your legs are comfy." he groans as I try to pull away again. " Joe, I kind of need those, please move." I plead, once again trying to stand up, " Joe, I need a wee, let me go, I'll be back quick I promise." He sits up, pouting and I dash to the bathroom. Returning, I notice that Joe hasn't moved from his earlier position, still pouting like a child with the biggest puppy dog eyes and I have an idea. " Right Joseph, move the table back, make a dance floor please! We are going to spend this time doing what we fell in love with in the first place. We are going to have a glass of red, a quick ballroom lesson because I don't have the energy for latin right now and we are going to dance it out the way we used to. We don't have this "Chemistry" for nothing, do we?" I say firmly, reaching two glasses from the dishwasher and the bottle off the counter as he re-arranges the front room.

"Hey Google? Play temporary love, Ben Platt please."

And with that, we start with a basic waltz in the limited space we have available. " Your frame is getting really strong Joseph, have you been practicing? I'm so proud..." I whisper as we box-step, lost in the moment.

"This is not a temporary love.

This is not a temporary love.

Now your heart is in my hands, I won't give it up.

Cuz this is not, a temporary love."

"Di...where did you find this song? It's...It's beautiful..." He hums, foreheads resting against each other, neither of us fully focused on the steps, more the moment. " I heard it in an edit or twitter or Instagram, I can't really remember but I really liked the song and thought it kind of fits us quite well. I have the edit saved, I'll show you later. But I promise you, this...us...it's not a temporary love. Hold on to that thought while i'm away, this is forever and i'm only gone ten days."

Leaving used to be easy for me, I was always able to focus on the fact that I would be back with that person eventually but with Joe it's different...I feel the same dread he does when I have to go but I know that if i'm strong, we are both strong.

For now, I want to freeze time.

To stay held in his arms forever.

Dancing to this song.

So for now, that's what i'll do. Relaxing our hold, I let myself sink against his chest and absorb his heartbeat as we move.

"I love you Joe Sugg. Forever and always."