EIGHTEEN : YOU'RE...

Azure impatiently waited in the doctors office, her foot tapping against the patient bed as she highly anticipated her doctors arrival back into the room

         Azure impatiently waited in the doctors office, her foot tapping against the patient bed as she highly anticipated her doctors arrival back into the room. Her nerves were on high, and all she could do while she waited for the results is stare at the maternity photography hanging on the walls of the small room.

Just the sight of the pregnant women or general information on  pregnancy caused her eyes to roll over, and if she never got pregnant again it would be too soon.

Nico on the other hand was thrilled and just the idea of having another son had him all for it. The fact that Azure was only a few months postpartum didn't even cross his mind, mainly because Fate and Cyan were back to back as well and what he didn't know was that it was the hardest time in Azure's life.

Still, as much as Azure wanted to blame her husband she knew she couldn't. It took two to tango, and it wasn't like she was properly using her birth control or even making sure he was careful whenever they were intimate. 

That, she regretted; And she said a silent prayer promising that she would be more responsible in the future if God spared her just this one time.

Hearing a knock at the door, Azure knew it was time to find out the results. Her heart sped up, and she shouted that the doctor could enter.

"Okay Azure, you ready?" Dr. Connor smiled with the clip board in his hands.

"Ready as I'll ever be" Azure screwed her face up.

"You're not pregnant" he gave her a reassuring smile, causing her to let out a loud sigh.

"Thank you Lord" she said dramatically.

Her doctor laughed, taking a seat on his stool.
"I see you want to hold off for more" he chuckled, "Are you and Nico taking precautions?"

"To be honest Doc, we haven't. I kept forgetting to take my pills, but for now on I'm going to be on it" Azure replied, "But are you sure, because three of the test were positive"

"Yes, I'm a hundred percent sure" he assured her, "heres another pamphlet on birth control if you want to change it, there's always an IUD"

Azure took the pamphlet from the doctor and nodded her head, making a note to check it out later. The doctor headed back out and let her know she could get dressed, and the second he closed the door Azure began to jump and dance in the office.

She thanked the Lord out loud, and was ready to break out in a praise dance she was so happy. After getting another refill of birth control pills, Azure sprinted out of the building, her first instinct to call Nico right away.

"So how many weeks?" Nico asked the minute  he picked up.

"Ha!" Azure shouted into the phone, "I'm not pregnant. Glory be to God"

"No way" Nico snickered, "It's definitely time for you to get another doctor"

"Theres nothing wrong with my doctor" Azure shook her head as she pulled out of the parking lot, "sorry to bust your bubble"