TWENTY SIX - SAME OLE' SONG

"So, tell me Armani

"So, tell me Armani. How are you feeling today?"

Armani adjusted herself on the cranberry colored sofa, folding one leg over the other. She cleared her throat, trying her best to conjure up the words to describe her last few weeks.

"Take your time." Dr. Keenan, her therapist told her as she didn't want her to feel rushed into expressing her feelings.

"I don't know, honestly I'm all over the place" Armani began, "When I'm at work, I can't focus and when I'm at home I can't relax. I've spoken to my Dad finally, but even that felt forced - as if I was only talking to him because of the guilt I felt; And as for my mom, she still won't return my phone calls and my husband, that's a whole separate situation."

"Okay, well let's tackle one thing at a time. It sounds to me that right now you're at odds with the closest people in your life, and that is why you can't seem to focus or relax. Who would you like to discuss first?"

Armani played with her slightly old manicure, "My mom, I guess. She's upset that I didn't tell her about my Dad's other daughter, with his ex-girlfriend. It's not like I knew from the beginning, I found out by accident - and the only reason I kept it a secret was because I wanted to get to know my little sister and I had to respect her mother's wishes. And you know what's the crazy thing, she's forgiven my Father but not me. What kind of - excuse my language - bullshit is that."

Dr. Keenan nodded as she jotted down in her notepad, "And is this behavior normal for your mother?"

"Well she's never been mad at me if that's what you're asking. Don't get me wrong, I can understand that she felt like everyone knew but her - but she doesn't get upset with my Dad about anything. All my life, she's been like...infatuated with him. She's hurt other women to get to him, and now that they're finally together she thinks that things will be different. I love my Dad, but he is just as manipulative as her. Wow...now that I'm actually saying this all out loud I can honestly say that my parents ain't shit." Armani said raising her brows from the sound of her own words, leaning back into the sofa.

Dr. Keenan tried her best to hold her laugh at Armani's bluntness - which seemed to be a thing since she began to visit her a month earlier.

"Are you still upset with your father, or have you forgiven him for what he's done to your mother?" she asked.

"If she's not upset, why should I be?" Armani shrugged, "From now on, I'm staying out of their business. I don't care if he has a hundred babies - her and everyone else knows how he is. He's Big Muh, he's never had to face his consequences for anything."

"And your husband...how are things in that department?"

Armani took a deep breath. She didn't know where to begin when it came to K-Dot. She loved him, that went without saying - but if she was being totally honest she didn't trust him completely. Maybe it was because she had witnessed first hand the doings of her father, making her believe that there was no way a man could be faithful forever - as she was literally birthed from cheating itself.