3- Strange

Three days. It had already been three days since the beginning of countdown, and nothing happened. They were all the same as before, and so were the servamps. The pairs interacted normally, although the first day had been stressful. They had tried acting as natural as possible, but Misono for instance couldn't help being extremly cautious when he touched Lily. Well, even more so now, that was. Tetsu's father had also noticed he avoided getting too close to his family members for some reason but he thought he just needed time alone, as Mahiru himself said. That was right, aside from having lied to them, the eves haden't hurt the servamps in any way, and it was satisfying enough. At least that was what they repeated to themselves. Nothing had happened yet. For all they knew, a calamity could occur within the next few hours and they'd have no way to prevent it.

Licht didn't like this. He hated not being in control. It was bugging him so much he didn't find the will to play the piano anymore. Of course he knew this couldn't keep going on. If he wasn't able to face this kind of difficulty, then he couldn't call himself an angel anymore. If he stopped playing then it would mean the damn hooded guy had already won in a way. He couldn't accept this. Besides, everyone around him would think he was getting sick. Hyde, obviously, but also Crantz who'd become a pain if he started worrying about his career. 

Determined not to let a cursed being ruin his life, Licht resolved to kill him next time. No matter if he clearly wasn't human. He beat Higan, Tsubaki's strongest subclass. Why couldn't he win against him as well? 

'But you didn't win alone. Hyde was here to help you. This isn't a subclass you're fighting. You saw this guy's power. It's on a whole over level.'

Oh, right he knew. Why couldn't the voice in his head shut up and let him concentrate? He couldn't have fallen that low, right? His new sonata wasn't going to finish itself, why was he sulking like an idiot instead of working his ass off?

-"Lichtan? You won't play today, either?" 

And naturally, Lawless just had to rub salt in the wound. Worse was that the shit rat sounded worried. And Licht was certainly not so pathetic that he needed his pity.

-"Mind your business. I just don't feel like it."

"Yeah, that's why I'm worried, you know. You never skip practice, so what's wrong?"

Licht scoffed.

-" You are worried about me ?  You should know your place, demon."

"Look, I'm trying to act as a friend here. Forget about who is what for a minute and accept people' s help, geez. I wouldn't say that if you didn't look so... lost?"

Hyde tried reasoning, but it didn't have the effect he wanted. 

-" You want us to be friends? How about you stop getting on my nerves, then?" Licht snapped. And it was unfair, he knew, and he would probably regret it. Hyde didn't mean to pester him, after all. Yet here he was yelling at him again.

-"You say you want to help, but you talking doesn't. If you want me to play then be quiet, or even better, leave! I-" 

Lawless waited for him to finish, but it seemed the angel wasn't going to.

-" You ? I'm listening, Lichtan. Take your anger out on me all you want, I'm not-"

"I think Crantz is coming." 

The servamp blinked. What the hell? But Licht was right, though. He could indeed hear footsteps from the end of the corridor.

-"... You may be right, but I still want to finish this discussion. I'm serious, Licht. I want us to be friends. If you still hate me for tricking you back then, I'm sorry."