His Tormented Peace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sometimes the most beautiful people are beautifully broken."
― Robert M. Drake

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up, sunlight was streaming through the blinds and my alarm resounding loudly. I grabbed a pillow and hugged it, memories of last night flooding back.

I would've broken down every single day if that'd been me.

How did he even manage to keep a smirk on his face and act as if everything is absolutely fine with him? Maybe he hid it too damn well, even for his own good. He should talk, then once again... Who could he talk to. He didn't make friends, he didn't want them to begin with.

I huffed out a breath, got up and sat straight as I ran my fingers through my messy hair. I should really comb my hair, especially with that handsome guy sleeping a room away.

I took long strides towards the bathroom, grabbing my toothbrush, I put some minty toothpaste on it and started brushing my teeth. I showered and did all that was necessary to look presentable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled on some black skinny jeans and an simple white blouse. I combed my hair back and let it be, wasn't in the mood to do it.

I stood in front of the mirror and shot myself one last glance. Happy with my appearance I stepped out of my room and headed for the one in which Rahul was sleeping.

As I reached his door, I leaned my head on it and my fingers grazed at the handle.

Should I?

What if he's mad? Moody?

Should I even be at his door? Is that creepy?

Maybe I should wait.

In the midst of this internal battle, I opened the door slowly. Screw it.

I took soundless steps inside, hoping my parents wouldn't catch me in a rather compromising situation. Geez Mom, I just wanted to wake him up. It's really not what it looks like.

I leaned against the creme walls of the guest bedroom and saw him sleeping peacefully, his strong arms wrapped around a pillow and he was almost in a fetal position. All while sleeping. Maybe I judged him too fast.

Behind that smirk lay a guy that slept in a fetal position. Afraid. Scared. Angry. Sad.

His jet black hair was messy, sticking out and some stuck to his forehead. His eyes were closed and his long eyelashes touched his prominent cheekbones.

I contemplated waking him up but then again, how would I do that without seeming creepy. I'd really just come in to check on him. However, sleep is probably crucial to him... Especially after our rather heated exchange. Perhaps I should let this blow over.

But I don't want him smiling just because he doesn't want to show his parents how tormented he is. Despite not knowing a whole lot, I do know the guilt he carries is monumental.

The faint sound of his breathing brought me back to reality.

I'll let him sleep.

I took steps back and closed his door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rahul and his parents had stayed over yesterday because my parents and his were pretty exhausted. Driving for hours is no easy feat. But they were leaving today.

My mom and his were making breakfast and tea as our fathers discussed a cricket match as they sat together in the living room.

I went into the kitchen, my eyes looking for a steaming hot cup of chai.

"Hello, beta!" His mother greeted me with a warm hug and placed a cup of tea in my hands. My mom gave me a kiss on the cheek before getting a few more cups to pour tea in.

I left the kitchen and almost bumped into someone. Looking up, my eyes met dark irises.

"Good morning," his voice was gravelly and huskier than normal as his minty tickled my skin. Probably because he woke up a little while ago. Unlike when I saw him before, he was wearing some jeans and a plaid shirt. His dark hair was combed back, still slightly messy but it looked great all the same. There were dark circles under his eyes, as if he hadn't slept a wink last night.

He was going to say something but I think our dads must've heard us.

"Rahul, come over here!" Called my dad and he gave me an apologetic look before taking hurried strides towards the living room.

I sat down at the dining table, sipping on the steaming hot tea.

"Do you have a girlfriend Rahul? Have you thought of it?" I heard his father and mine ask him.

I closed my eyes, refusing to hear his answer because I know I wasn't his girlfriend. Despite wanting to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is short, forgive me. It's more of a filler but still is pretty important. Hope you like it! Keep reading, voting and commenting! You guys are the best!