Chapter 1: A Half-Formed Prophecy

So most of this is gonna be in Third Person POV bc that seems the most efficient for me, but there might be some parts where there are First Person POVs depending on the situation! But once I get into the story, I'm gonna be using First Person POV more often to go in-depth with certain perspectives ;)

***

Percy Jackson was actually having a pretty good day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the waves lapped lazily at his bare legs as he sat on the hot surface of the dock that led to the lake. Mindlessly, he would lightly run his fingertips on the surface watching the ripples as they grew larger and larger. To be honest, this day seemed too good to be true, he simply sat there occasionally running his hand in the water and watching the setting sun turn the sky an array of pinks, purples, and gold. 

He knew he shouldn't have jinxed the precious moment. 

"Percy!" For a moment, Percy didn't seem to comprehend the fact that someone was calling him -and quite frantically too-but when the voice called him again, this time louder and accompanied by a series of swears, he jerked up and toppled into the water. Since he wasn't expecting it, the feeling of the ice-cold water after sitting on a hot area of dock for the whole day did not sit well with him. Sputtering, he pushed himself to the surface and lifted his damp fringe from his eyes and glared at the offender who was now laughing his ass off on the ground. 

"That wasn't funny, Valdez," Percy snapped, trying to look like he had everything under control, but the moment he set foot on the warm sand, his foot slipped and he fell face-first on the ground, getting a mouthful of sand. Leo Valdez's laughter sounded off in the background as Percy attempted to spit out all the sand from his mouth. Finally, he sat up and glared at the son of Hephaestus who had stopped laughing at last and was now sprawled on the ground, breathing heavily. 

"Yo, Perce? I thought you were the son of the sea god? I've seen other demigods climb up the dock better than you."

"Shut up," Percy grumbled before standing up and dusting himself off. Leo stood up with him and he ran a hand through his wild curls before snapping his fingers. 

"Oh shoot! I nearly forgot, there was a reason why I came here!" 

Percy raised an eyebrow, "other than to see me spectacularly fail at a simple job?" Percy might as well admit that he got a little clumsy before, otherwise Leo would never let him live it down. 

He was sorely mistaken. 

Leo smirked at him, "well that was just the cherry on top, eh Sand Eater?" Percy groaned and rolled his eyes as Leo doubled over in laughter again. 

"You're never gonna let go of this, are you?" Percy asked the shorter and slighter demigod beside him. 

"Nope!" Leo responded cheerfully much to Percy's despair, "now let's head on over to the Big House, Chiron wants to talk to us."

***

Wizards?!?!

"Wizards?" Jason Grace, who was sitting next to his girlfriend Piper McLean, yelped. 

"It doesn't seem possible," Percy's own girlfriend, Annabeth Chase agreed, furrowing her eyebrows, he knew from that look that his Wise Girl was trying to grab at any sort of evidence that proved that wizards somehow existed.