Chapter 7: Classes And A Familiar Face

Ughhh I'm SO SORRY for not updating sooner! I had this chapter as a back-up in case I mess up my updating schedule (cause like I always leave a one chapter gap between my updates so I have something to fall back on) and I just realized that! Anyway, I'm-hopefully-somewhat back on track and working on the next chapter after this! I just was going thru a bit of an iffy situation and I was kinda all over the place, so very very sorry once again!

Hope y'all enjoy this and you guys are awesome for sticking by me and my mess of an updating schedule! XD 

****************************************************************************

Nico's POV

The moment I stepped into the musky greenhouse, I knew I was done for. 

There were plants everywhere! 

A child of the Underworld never belongs in a place with plants, they always end up...

"Nico?" Calypso whispered, trying to keep her voice down for the sake of the wizards who were already giving me weird looks, "move faster, you're killing the plants."

I looked down and noticed that my assumption was right, the plants next to me were in fact already yellowing and turning shriveled. 

I shouldn't be surprised, a child of the Underworld never goes to a greenhouse because of that very reason: the plants die around them. 

I tried to smile at the wizards staring at me, I think I frightened them even more. I quickly turned away. 

At that moment, I saw a crown of blonde hair moving among the mass of blue robes. When Luna Lovegood's misty eyes met mine, she immediately broke ranks and hurried over to me. She hugged me with the strength of a bear before smiling at me.

"I had a feeling you all would come to visit," her voice was still as soft and whispery as it was before. But don't let that fool you, Luna is a master at double knife-wielding and if a poor useless idiot attacked her, she is a tornado of knives and blonde hair. 

I remember that incident with the Ares and Nike campers quite vividly. 

"Hey, Luna!" Shouted the hyperactive voice of Leo as he pushed himself next to me and waved energetically at Luna. Luna laughed and waved back just as energetic as the Latino. Calypso and I facepalmed. 

"I never met you but I just want to say hi so I don't look like a jerk!" Leo went on in that same loud voice. Calypso buried her face in her hands and I groaned. Luna, however, simply laughed again. 

"I do not know you either, Fire Wielder, but I have a feeling we will be amazing friends. The Nargles said so."

Leo blinked, probably teeming with questions such as 'how did she know about my fire powers?' and 'what's a Nargle?' But thankfully he kept quiet, just as the teacher entered the greenhouse. 

"Alright, class," the teacher clapped her hands, her eyes eagerly scanning the room, "I am Professor Sprout, as most of you may have already known, and today we are going to be relearning the basics of most if not all of the magical plants in Scotland."

"Shit," I whispered, hopping from one foot to the other, the plants around me dying at the speed of light. "Shit!"

"Nico, I think you better leave," hissed Calypso. I looked at her to see her eyeing the numerous potted plants slowly wilting around where we sat. Apparently, just my very presence was causing a ruckus in the plant world. 

What else was new?

"Professor?" Luna called out, her voice stark and cutting through Sprout's lengthy and tedious explanation of some sort of leafy plant she was currently holding in her hands. "Professor? I think Nico might have to be excused from your class."