Chapter 5: A Meeting With Dumb-as-a-sorry, Dumbledore

Leo's POV

"Hogwarts is in grave danger," Well, who knew Dumbledore could begin a meeting on such a high note? The demigods were all crowded around the headmasters in comfy armchairs that Dumbledore had conjured up to, in his words, 'make the meeting more comfortable.'

Yeah, I was comfy all right, until Dumbledore's next words brought me down.

"There have been strange occurrences going on around the halls, and recently there has been an outbreak of fights. I feel like the Wizarding War was not the only reason for these increase of sudden emotion."

Great, can't we just get a break for once? I didn't die and come back to life for this schist! I could tell the others were not happy with this sudden news as well.

"What kind of dangers?" Annabeth asked, ever the rational one.

Dumbledore frowned, "I thought you all might know what was going on, did Chiron not tell you?"

"Chiron didn't know either, we thought you might have known but weren't telling us before," said Piper. Great, we were shoved into a quest and had no idea what we were supposed to be doing in the first place.

"I'm afraid the future of this school and the cause of it is not clear in my eyes," said Dumbledore, "if Chiron hadn't told you, then the likely reason has to be that he doesn't know either. What about your prophecy? The Oracle, I presume, is what it is called?"

Jason shook his head before Dumbledore had finished speaking, "the Oracle's not working either. We only got bits and pieces of the prophecy so it doesn't make a lot of sense."

"Because Apollo!" Percy butted in, and Annabeth facepalmed yet again. Dumbledore raised an eyebrow at Percy and Jason rolled his eyes. 

"Well, the rest of the gods weren't all innocent either, in case you forgot," Jason pointed out, "technically it would be Gaea's fault, wouldn't it?"

Percy contemplated that, "I mean I guess but-"

I interrupted before things got out of hand between the two sons of the Big Three, "but that's part of her job offering right?" The others, including Dumbledore, blinked at me, I plowed on. "Oh come on, you guys, it's all in Dirt Face's job requirements: destroy demigods, gain control of the world, bring monsters back to life or something."

Jason and Percy opened their mouths to argue but Calypso cut them off. She had been watching the exchange quietly and when she spoke, her answer was firm.

"Gaea wanted to cause as much destruction. I agree the gods are not out of the clear at all, but there could have been some monsters and creatures who may have awoken due to her attempt to rise."

Now you all can't even think to deny that this woman is the greatest being I've ever seen. I wanted to kiss her so badly but decided that maybe now wasn't the best time. 

"Would any of you mind explaining what exactly happened in America during the Battle of Hogwarts?" Inquired Dumbledore who was looking from Percy and Jason to Calypso and me with a bemused expression. The twinkle in his eyes had dimmed.

So we did, all of us taking turns to explain different parts of the prophecy and the Giant War. Jason, Piper, and I described what had gone down in the beginning with us ending up at Camp Half-Blood and the backstory. Percy talked about his experience at Camp Jupiter, and Annabeth talked about her quest with Arachne. Tartarus was a solemn and tense subject but Percy and Annabeth still managed to tackle it without having any flashbacks. Then each of us took turns rounding up the end of the story. 

After we finished, Dumbledore sat so still that he looked like a statue, a statue of an old man with a beard that ended up at his midriff. Did I mention he looked like Gandalf? Wait, why was I thinking about Gandalf? Had Jason mentioned it to me? Or was it Draco? Wait, what was I talking about again?